FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do people carry fishing rods. Pics would be a help. I just need to combine two hobbies.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How do peeps carry rods?

I always carried mine with the tip up, so it wouldn't break off.

Oh, you mean on the bike, don't you? I would suggest that you mount a rod holder that they use when trolling :roll: People will think it's an antenna :p

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ah ah

I have gone fishing on my bike. On occasion when car has gone else where. I Fly fish , so you dont take much . I have a nice 3 piece Airflo , that I can strap along the side panier.
And as my Uncle said, "What you cant get in your pocket , aint worth taking" That's for fly fishing though.
Would not want to try it if I was a Carp fisherman. They need an Estate car at the minimum.

·
Registered
426 Posts
You can use a small soft bag for your tackle and fasten a 2-piece pole to the bag if you are just going to your local lunker hole. On a longer trip, I would have a duffle behind me which would be even easier to strap the fishing gear to. Stick to the ultra-light poles and just a handful of baits for traveling. And catch-and-release, too. Your two hobbies should smell differently. :wink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi sanqhar
I've never used the FJR for fishing, but on previous bikes I've been able to put the holdall on as normal & ride...I go pike fishing so I only have a couple of rods in it....Never had a problem....But if you want to ride like like Rossi perhaps choose another option...........Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a Fenwick rod that breaks down into four pieces. Fits into a felt bag which fits into an aluminum tube. 2" dia.x24'' long. The cork handle of the rod can be turned end for end, To either except a fly reel or a spinning real very handy on my dualsport fishing trips.
"Fish on" ride safe!

Larry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Easiest with a multipiece rod. For instance I have a 5 piece 8' fly rod. and a couple of 3 piece spinning rods. The flyrod has a tubular case which makes it easy but for the spinners I first use a small (like 6" bungee) to secure the rod pieces. Then I take a normal bungee and wrap it around the rods and the rack usually two wraps and secure the hooks to the rack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya beat me to it...I used to have a Popeil's Pocket fisherman back in the 70's and have caught a lot of fish with it.

As for Golf...I'd rather strap my shotgun scabbard on and head over to the Skeet/Sporting Clays range :D

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts