FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2015 FJR-1300ESF
327 Posts
Having it just on the centerstand makes me nervous.

I don't have rafters in my garage (ceiling is finished). Maybe there's such an animal as very short jackstands that I could put under the crash bars. That could be handy for when I need to remove the front wheel.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,811 Posts
It is super stable on center stand. Are you nervous about changing rear tire on center stand? Just another step in that process.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,077 Posts
You don't need anything else other than front wheel and centerstand if only greasing the relay arm. Now if you need to remove the centerstand, that's a whole other ball game.

·
Premium Member
2003 FJR1300
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

I don't have rafters in my garage (ceiling is finished). Maybe there's such an animal as very short jackstands that I could put under the crash bars. That could be handy for when I need to remove the front wheel.
You're welcome to use the pipe stand I put together to hold up the rear end if you want. I just spent $110 on 3/4" pipe and fittings figuring it would come in handy in the future.

I should have mine back together on Saturday afternoon sometime.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts

The PO included this front wheel jack stand that I use:

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,077 Posts
Handier and more useful and perfectly stable.....

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust Vehicle

·
Premium Member
FJR1300 A, TMax 530 DX, Tracer GT900, XS850, Niken
373 Posts
Did the easy three of four bearings (dog bones - each end and base of shock) on a 2004 mk1 yesterday. Bike on centre stand, taking the weight/slack off the bearings by supporting under the final drive with a scissors jack - totally safe and secure, nothing else is needed.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,811 Posts
Wait what? You guys are putting weight directly on the exhaust pipes? FJRLee's wooden thingy seems like the way to go.
You can pick up the front of the bike and pivot on the centerstand with one hand. You are putting no significant pressure on the pipes. This is so normal that they make those jacks to do it. You're going to give yourself an ulcer worrying about normal things ;)

·
Registered
2015 FJR-1300ESF
327 Posts
Yeah I still like putting any amount of weight on the engine directly rather than the exhaust pipes.

I have crash bars though so I can use those for support if needed. The standard jackstands I bought for car stuff might even work. Haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,811 Posts
Yeah I still like putting any amount of weight on the engine directly rather than the exhaust pipes.

I have crash bars though so I can use those for support if needed. The standard jackstands I bought for car stuff might even work. Haven't tried it yet.
If you have the R-Gaza bars you can put jackstands under the pucks.

Reactions: DesertBike
21 - 40 of 59 Posts