FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today at the NY Motorcycle show I finally got to sit on the 06 FJR. I found it comforable and that at 5'7" I will be able to flat foot it at the lowest seat adjustment. It was the only bike at the show where there was a line to sit on it. Color is very nice and I know I will love this bike when it arrives in the Spring. One can still be ordered I was told.

·
Registered
169 Posts
yeah...we just got back from the Vancouver show...sitting on the 06 for the first time confirmed a few things. The saddle is definitely more comfortable at first sitting and the bars are within easier reach than the previous iteration. The new dash layout looks sharp and the radiator looks well protected (similar guard to the ole` st1100). Can`t wait for the ride reports to start coming in... :!:

·
Registered
38 Posts
FJR ride reports...

Has anyone read any actual RIDE reports in any mag anyplace on the '06 FJR? So far I haven't seen anything in the U.S. rags...uh, mags nor anything from the UK. Given the supposed arrival of the first bikes (like mine!!!) next month one would have thought Yamaha's PR flacks would have gotten long lead test bikes into magazine hands so reports would be out by now. Perplexed and still waiting...DFO :?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Not been anything in any of the bike mags in the UK (not that they pay much attention to the FJR anyway) Even the weekly MCN which has a lot shorter lead time for bike tests than the monthlies has had not a whisper.

Interestingly their guide to the London Motorcycle Show says that the other Japanese manufacturers have similar electronic gear shifts due for release in the next year or so.

·
Registered
38 Posts
FJR tests, lack of........

Kind of makes one wonder if Yamaha has/does sell enough of these bikes every year to meet their corporate sales goals without the expense of lavish press intros and testing. I imagine that could certainly help lower their overhead a bit! After all shrimp cocktails and first class airfare, etc. must add up to needing to sell even more bikes, of course given how the list price has gone up quite steeply from the '03 I had to the '06 on order...owch. DFO :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Motorcycle consumer news for Jan 06 reviews the new Yamis but I haved not been able to see it yet. Just subscribed and probably will start with the Feb. issue. If anyone has it, would love to hear what they say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts