FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just had a call from the dealers with the good news that we here in Aus can now place orders for the 06. Better half and I have only ever had the opportunity to test ride a 03 model on a 48 deg Celcius day, needless to say we very quickly got a feel for the heat issue that we've been reading about. We would really like to know if anyone has riden an 06 yet and have they really done their homework. We are 99% convinced that this is our next bike, just need someone to give us the other 1 %.
This our first new bike since 83.

Thanks All (Good Forum )
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,982 Posts
smurff said:
Better half and I have only ever had the opportunity to test ride a 03 model on a 48 deg Celcius day, needless to say we very quickly got a feel for the heat issue that we've been reading about. This our first new bike since 83.
(Good Forum )
Here's the other 1% :lol: In 48C heat anything is going to feel hot - that's part of Aussie. Go for it, and enjoy - it is a great bike. Plan to be in Victoria around MotoGP time, and you'll meet some more Aussie owners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,273 Posts
I don't think that any one can answer your question yet smurff 'cos there is only a couple of new 06 owners that can possibly comment, and the weather is not warm enough to give this re-design a proper testing and evaluation.

We can only assume that Yamaha has come up with a 'likely' solution, if part or full, who knows. With the adjustable side fairings to let heat out and the cockpit air vent to keep the rider cool, one would assume that it will help.

I would give you that 1% as well - go for it. I'm sure that a load of hot weather riders on this site would agree.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top