FJR Owners Forum banner

Ferry to Tasmania.

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  bigdaddydave666 
#1 ·
I would like to hear from anyone that has taken their bike on the Spirit of Tasmania ferry. I'm interested in feedback on how the bike is secured and whether you still have access to it during transit. Also, how comfy are the seats/cabins? I'm contemplating going across in early March 2006 with a group of friends and would appreciate any info.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

I might pay the shipping office a visit next time I'm in Melbourne to see if I can get more details.

BTW, $230 gets you a porthole twin cabin nowadays. The business class seats are $158, and the 4 berth cabin is $196 P/P one way, or $114 for the business seat and $142 for the shared cabin if the return journey is booked online at the same time. This is the current shoulder fare which would apply for the period I'm thinking of going.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I think I need to review my travel dates now. I didn't realise that the Ulysses AGM was in Tasmania and was going to be held in the same week that I was planning to go there! Makes travel and accomodation bookings a bit tough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.