FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a close-up pic of it fitted. I am fairly sure I've been sent the wrong one because the recessed moulding doesn't seem to line up correctly with the edge of the front mudguard. :roll:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Well, I didn't know that a Pyramid Fenda Extenda existed for an 03 bike - the front mudguard was re-vamped slightly (made longer) on the 03 on. BUT, I may be wrong here.

The earlier bikes used a Honda one, VFR or VTR, can't remember which, that fitted almost perfect, with a slight mis-match on the outer edge, but not too noticeable.

Maybe someone can correct me here.

There are some photos on the old sites, possibly the 02 site.

http://www.fjrowners.com/fjro4/eu.html

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FJRIDER1 - that's great and it looks a good snug fit. thanks for the reply.

RABBIT1300 - I haven;t taken the front mudguard off yet but the fit looks lousy and is maybe explained by your comment that one may not be available for an '03 bike.

Also, how do you know if you have an MY03 bike?

·
Registered
103 Posts
rabbit, I fitted one to mine the other day and mine is a 53 plate, I don't live far from Pyramid so I had a run out on the bike last week and picked one up from the factory it cost £17.99, I glued it on as I don't like the idea of screwing it on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a word of warning....

When I fitted an extender to my Honda, I used some 'ABS' adhesive as suggested in some forums. However, I either used the wrong type of adhesive, or I used to much, because it melted my fender. On the replacement (£79) I used 'Araldite' and this worked just fine.

Personally, I feel the glued method looks far better than using the screws. Unfortunately, the bike I have just bought, has one already fitted using screws, but It's not the end of the world. I'll get used to it.

Like I say, just a word of warning.

Regards,

Glenn

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yeah, it was the VFR one (originaly, the packet just said VFR, did not include FJR)

CarMan - elimentary my dear Watson - before I answered needed to check what bike you had, knew you were a recent owner and did a search in your profile for your posts.

So, if coppertop has the right one, do Pyramid make two types, one for 03 on, and CarMan does have the wrong one?. Check with Pyramid CarMan and you will know for sure. Otherwise, as stated, its just a slight mis-match.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pyramid are out of stock and only list one which is not MY specific. Have also seen one from SkidMarx but which is best and fits best on '03 bikes IF that is what I have! How do you know if '03 registered bike is MY03 model :roll: ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Carman, give pyramid a call as they have been showing out of stock for a while but when I personally called at the factory they had them, I don't think there website has been updated.

·
Super Moderator
3,980 Posts
I ordered a pyramid early on for my us '03. when it came in, it didn't fit. It was something like late '04 before one came out that was properly tapered. With the changes for '06 there'll now be 3 different types. You have to be careful when ordering and clearly state year and country (us '03 vs yurping '03 for example).

--update--
perhaps i got my first (failed effort) in late '02 since my bike arrived in 10/2002? i know there wasn't a "correct one" at the time so gave it a pass for a while. based on your comment, perhaps they got it updated some time in '03 and i didn't bother with another effort until '04?

·
Registered
18 Posts
CarMan said:
FJRIDER1 - that's great and it looks a good snug fit. thanks for the reply.

RABBIT1300 - I haven;t taken the front mudguard off yet but the fit looks lousy and is maybe explained by your comment that one may not be available for an '03 bike.

Also, how do you know if you have an MY03 bike?
Don't thank me... Warchild did all the work :mrgreen:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fenda extenda

Hi Carman
From your photo looks like you bought one of two that were on ebay for £6.99? Well it was me who bought the other. I agree that they are not a great fit but for that price I decided the fit was close enough. I used plastic snap rivets to attach mine. I have never met anybody sad enough who might come up and say "nice bike shame about the fit on that fenda extenda" I mean would you waste time giving them an answer or just settle for a gesture, one finger maybe :shock:
Regards
Esme

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Esme,

Good detective work - you are right of course but I wasn't happy and the guy was very gracious about having it back.

Whether I can find one to fit any better is a bigger question!

Rob

·
Registered
49 Posts
fenda

Hmmmm-
I used ABS glue to attach my '05, fits tight, haven't had a problem. I do believe that stuff actually dissolves a surface layer of the ABS... I think others have used it with good results.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts