FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a recent ride my engine trouble light came on ( its not getting hot, missing or anything it seems to run fine ) but when i go to restart it it flashes code 31 and the light will stay on . any assistance will be appreciated . i've only had the bike for 2 weeks and don't know too much about it .

·
Registered
181 Posts
31 -
The amount of air-fuel ratio feedback
compensation is maintained
continuously in the vicinity of the
upper limit (lean air-fuel ratio).

Able to Start - Yes
Able to Ride - Yes

Probable Cause:
• Open or short circuit in wiring harness.
• Fuel pressure too low.
• Clogged injectors.
• Defective O2 sensor (unable to output a rich signal).
• Malfunction in ECU.
• Malfunction in other areas of the fuel system.

The above is what the manual say, if it helps or not, I don't know.

:ale:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started the bike today for the first time since i got home and after the bike warms up it is not idling real smooth, i think it has a bit of a miss there. so far dealer ship i bought it from hasn't helped only to tell me a new o2 sensor is $ 340 dollars aus. no back up support at all. :? :? :?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Isnt there Fjr Owner in the area who could help you out? A bit of part swapping may help.
Other than that get a Power Commander as it doesn't need the O2 sensor to work..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally found out. I checked the plugs, Drained the fuel tank ,dealer sugested i picked up some bad fuel,(shell optimax).apparent bikes don't have the detonation temp of cars.to much unburnt fuel rubbish tripped the o2 sensor. So tank of fresh fuel 5 klm's later it's ok. No more light and flash code dissappeared. Thanks for the replies and help...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts