FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rattles and noises drive me crazy. My new '06 has a rattle when going over small bumps in the road at slower speeds (i.e. 25 mph). I'm sure its nothing serious but the bike sounds cheap when it rattles going over small bumps. Perhaps its something in the windshield adjusting mechanism or the fairing. I've gone over all the screws on the fairing and all seem to be snug.

Anyone else experience this - and if so, have you found the source?

Thanks

Gordon

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rattles

I have a 2005 and the right side panels ( B & D ?) rattled and probably because I didn't reinstall them correctly. They looked right but anyway added some foam used between P/u and shells (sticky on one side) and it solved the problem :D

·
Registered
531 Posts
Re: Rattles

e2b said:
I have a 2005 and the right side panels ( B & D ?) rattled and probably because I didn't reinstall them correctly. They looked right but anyway added some foam used between P/u and shells (sticky on one side) and it solved the problem :D
I did the same thing on my '05, but my issue was between the battery case and the plastic piece on the side. Foam weatherstrip = quiet

·
Registered
54 Posts
Rattles

Had the same problem--checked front fender bolts. one was missing, other was vibrated loose. lock-tite'd them, no more rattle. $4.75 for a new bolt--what a rip-off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts