FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd pass on the bad experience I'm having with eyelenses4u.com. I purchased two pairs of perscription glasses from them at the International Motorcycle Show in Januaqry 2006, cost $460.00. They specialize in perscription motorcycle glasses - very nice frames and transition lenses. Unfortunately they have fialed to provide the glasses I ordered and don't seem the least bit interested in following through. First, they completey screwed up my order, thinking I only ordered one pair. Then they sent one pair that I couldn't see through - completely wrong perscription. Now they keep telling me they have mailed another pair but they never seem to arive. I'm going to have to dispute the charge.

Has anyone ever used this firm? My advice is to run in the other direction if you pass by their booth at the motorcycle show. :(

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
:shock: perhaps why member's of Glenn's profession are good to have in the neighborhood?

:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I noticed quite a few people at there booth at the NY show. Thanks for the heads up, I was going to look them up on-line.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update on eyelenses4u.com

I sent the following e-mail to eyelenses4u on Monday -

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 11:22 AM
Subject: Failure To Deliver Order

Hello --

On January 13, 2006 I paid $460 for two pairs of glasses that you have failed to provide. Early in February you sent one pair of glasses that had the incorrect persription. I sent them back. On February 9, 2006 I spoke to you on the phone and was told you had received the glasses I mailed back, a mistake was made concerning the aspect ratio, and you were mailing out another pair of glasses that day. Today is February 20th and I have not received the glasses.

As I noted to you in my e-mail of February 4th, I have order, and paid for, two pairs of glasses and would like to recieive them or be provided a refund. I request that you respond to this e-mail indicating the status of my order, including the date that both pairs of glassess will be shipped. If you do not respond, I will dispute this charge. Thus far you have not returned my calls and provided inaccurate information when I contacted you on the phone.

Here's their response -
Sent: February 21, 2006
To: Joe D.

Joe, Your orders are in process. We have been hit with an extreme amount of orders to process. We are just running a little behind. I assure you your orders will be getting to you soon. Thank You!
Nicole

I called Nicole today before seeing the above message. She told me my glasses had been shipped today (just as they told me 10 days ago) but then said she would call me back to confirm as lots of orders had shipped today. Of course Nicole never called back.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NEVER MIND

NEVER MIND ---

I must report -- they came through. I received the first pair of glasses today - correct perscription - excellent quality - all is well. :ale:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Joe, which ones did you order? WileyX? What is your prescription? Is there any distortion in your perifiral vision? I have been searching for ages for glasses like this and if they are any good, I will order in the US as I can't get them here.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The glasses are Panoptx wrap around, Sirocco CV F6629. As it turns out after a more extensive try-out I'm still having problems. I am not have any problem with perifiral vision at all. I am having some focus prolems beyond 20 ft. I brought the glasses to my optometrist and he said the perscription was Ok but the base curve was wrong. I need a +6.5 and the glasses are +8.5. I have had base curve problems before.

At any rate eyelens4u have been very cooperative. They are going to try one more time with a +6.5 base curve. If that doesn't work, I guess I will not be able to wear wrap around glasses.

My perscription is: R sphere +300, cylinder -100, axis 030. L +350, -100, 155. Bifocal R +250, L +250. Whatever that all means

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Joe you are going to have trouble betting that rx to work with an 8.5 BC in your prescrition. The problem is your perception of things,yourbrain, gets used to seeing tings thru a particular front curve of the lens. When that curvature is changed it throws you perception off. The brain is very flexible though and if you give it enough time you might adapt to the 6.5.

Glenn

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gr8eyes said:
Joe you are going to have trouble betting that rx to work with an 8.5 BC in your prescrition. The problem is your perception of things,yourbrain, gets used to seeing tings thru a particular front curve of the lens. When that curvature is changed it throws you perception off. The brain is very flexible though and if you give it enough time you might adapt to the 6.5.

Glenn
thanks Glenn -
Not sure I understand your comment. My normal base cure is +6.5. The new glasses I'm having problems with are +8.5. Lenses4u is going to remake the glasses at +6.5 -- so that should be OK -- right??

Joe

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Joe, sorry I wasn't clear. You are correct. If you have been wearing a lens with a 6.5base curve its best tot stay with that base curve if you can. However you can get used to the 8.5 base curve if you wear it long enough. The problem with wrap around frames/lenses is that in order to get the wrap effect the lens manufacturers are limited to certain base curves. Hope that makes better sense. Good luck.

Glenn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts