FJR Owners Forum banner

Extended Warranty

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Dwavey 
#1 ·
I have an 05 that had the warranty expire in May and was considering getting the YES for 2 more years at a cost quote of $699.00. My bike was a ticker and had the head and valves replaced over the past winter at 21,000 kms on and this spring was ticking again at 25,000. Had the valves adjusted under warranty again and the mechanic said that everything was fine and they were not out much. The engine was quieter but now at 27,000 I can hear it tick at different times although not as loud as at 21,000. Now I guess I am a bit paranoid but I am thinking that if it starts ticking again and needs the valve guides and who knows what else replaced in the next year then the $699.00 would be a wise investment. By the way I have several long trips planed in the next year and will probably put another 25,000 kms on the bike by 07. Just looking to get some opinions on buying he YES or not - PBraido

#3 ·
Hi Bounce - Yes I am in the USA I live in a border town in Michigan and bought the bike in the US and had all my service done there. My bike ran out of the 1 year warranty in MAY and I got this quote from the main Yamaha in CA - where can you get the warranty you mentioned? I would like to call them - PBraido

#5 ·
pbraido said:
Hi Bounce - Yes I am in the USA I live in a border town in Michigan and bought the bike in the US and had all my service done there. My bike ran out of the 1 year warranty in MAY and I got this quote from the main Yamaha in CA - where can you get the warranty you mentioned? I would like to call them - PBraido
Bounce was probably refering to..

D & H Cycle
18115 US Hwy 31
Cullman AL 35058
800-553-3311

They are the low price leader on bikes and the YES warranty.
Buy it from them, it does not need to be bought through your local dealer.

#6 ·
The only problem is that the YES has to be bought before the OEM warranty is allowed to expire. Some mfgrs have a process in place to get their factory extended warranty after the OEM warranty has expired. This is usually more expensive and involves an inspection by a factory dealership. Yamaha may (or may not) have such a process in place.

#7 ·
This is what I found out - Yamaha has a program in which they will place warranty on Yamaha bikes out of the 1 year warranty - the bike must be inspected by the dealer and the price I got from the dealer is $100 less then from Yamaha USA in Ca so that would be $598 for an additional 2 years warranty I think its not a bad deal and am seriously considering taking it. I have 30 days to make up my mind then the price increases with the age of the bike - PBraido

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.