FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
Not too far from me though I'm not familiar with that area (don't get out of the city much) but usually heading west when I do. 馃槂

Registered
08 FJR13AX
Day-trip riding in southern New York State amounts to two options: WEST or NORTH. Go West out Route 17... or North on I-87 (the "Thruway"). Then... just wind your way back and forth across that triangle. You can't go wrong for great roads in the Catskill mountain region there.
I've been riding for forty years... have ridden about everywhere in the US (plus in 13 countries)...
"Upstate" New York has a lot of great riding.

Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
Yeah before my health issues when I was riding more one of our favorite weekend rides was up the Palisades through Harriman 7 lakes dr. through Sterling Forest lunch at Greenwood Lake and back down again. Beautiful up there. 馃榿

Registered
08 FJR13AX
I live there! Ten minutes away... I ride in Harriman multiple times every week.
In fact, right after breakfast here, I'm heading up on the Bandit 12. Gorgeous Sunday morning today.

Reactions: Hogman63

Registered
08 FJR13AX
Ah maybe once my issues are straightened out we can get together for a ride. 馃榿
Absolutely... I know all the roads "up here"... Did you ever ride out along the NY-PA border, Rt. 97 along the Delaware River?

Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
Not sure if we're talking about the same road but River Road heading out to New Hope, PA was another frequent ride. :unsure: Can view the spot where Washington crossed. 馃榿 We used to take the wives for lunch in New Hope shopping in Peddlers Village. 馃槃

41 - 47 of 47 Posts