FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Fjr1300, 2012 CBF1000
114 Posts
Yoshimura R77 slip ons on mine.

$1k!! I wish....lol.
My bill for the slip ons, pazzo levers and tax was over $2k.
Welcome to Canada, eh.
I outfitted my FJR and My CBF 1000 with Delkevics ordered direct from England and the price, all in, delivered to my door was $900 Cdn. Very happy with the fit and finish and the sound...worked out to $300 per slip-on.

·
Registered
2008 Fjr1300, 2012 CBF1000
114 Posts
I second Delkevic 14 or 18’s. 18’s you will need to ask for extensions from Delkevic (free) to clear the bags. 14’s you may not have to... they will end under the bags. Got two Delkevic cans on my fjr, and two Delkevic for my VFR as well... no issues.. all sound great.
14" Delks have about the same clearance as the stock pipes and they pretty much line up with the end of the bags.
IMG_0758_HEIC (1).jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Installed my Delkevic 14" Tri Ovals this am. Ordered the 4-2 headers, but after talking with Ivan, decided to send them back. Ivan tuned the ECM, and I should have it back on Monday. I'll get the bike warmed up, and check for exhaust leaks. I may try a short ride and bring it back to do a TBS. Then I'll put the plastics back on and start my season.

Reactions: RedRockFJRider14

·
Registered
336 Posts
Looks great!

Are you sure those are 14's?

comparing to the post above, yours look quite a bit longer past the mounting band - might they be 18's?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Looks great!

comparing to the post above, yours look quite a bit longer past the mounting band - might they be 18's?
They were ordered as 14" although I didn't measure them. I'll go check the bag fit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Looks great!

My mistake. I ordered 17's, and that's what I have. They fit nice under the bag too.

Reactions: RedRockFJRider14

·
Registered
2015 FJR1300A
5 Posts
Hi, sorry if the answer is already in the thread, but do you still have the stock exhaust and, if yes, would you like to sell them? All the best.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi, sorry if the answer is already in the thread, but do you still have the stock exhaust and, if yes, would you like to sell them? All the best.
I do still have the stock exhaust, and I would entertain selling them.

·
Registered
2015 FJR1300A
5 Posts
I just bought my 2015 FJR from a guy in Auburn, NY, not far from you! I'm interested. What is their condition, and how much would you want for them, including shipping? BTW, I have a like-new set of Yoshimura's on my bike that I want to replace. Do you have any interest in them? Perhaps we could work out a swap. If not that, how much do you want including shipping to Maryland? Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I just bought my 2015 FJR from a guy in Auburn, NY, not far from you! I'm interested. What is their condition, and how much would you want for them, including shipping? BTW, I have a like-new set of Yoshimura's on my bike that I want to replace. Do you have any interest in them? Perhaps we could work out a swap. If not that, how much do you want including shipping to Maryland? Thanks.
I'm happy with the Delkevics I just installed. My stock exhaust is in great shape. There's only 14k miles on the bike. I'll get some pics to post sometime this week. I'd have to find out what the cost to ship is, and what a fair price is for the stock exhaust. How much were you thinking, so I can use that as a starting point.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
I sent you an email.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Has anyone experienced POPPING on Decel, with their aftermarket cans?
I've seen some on Yoo-Toob that exhibited nasty popping... I can't understand why some guys think that sounds good...it means there is a fueling imbalance.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've seen some on Yoo-Toob that exhibited nasty popping... I can't understand why some guys think that sounds good...it means there is a fueling imbalance.
…no, you’re just hearing the pair system burning the unburned fuel before it exits. I love it. No race car or bike sounds clean…go listen to them….

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Yes, even when the fueling is perfect, you will get popping if you remove the catalytic converters without interrupting the air injection system. If that popping bothers you, you can easily plug the air intake of the air injection system with no harm to performance... or remove that system altogether.

Also, I'm among those that finds the Two Brothers slip-ons to be too loud for a sport touring bike.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Interesting comments guys, thanks. Right now I'm looking at Dominator 16" stainless round units. They appear well-constructed...and the price is good.
NOISE - I like some. My two other bikes have Yoshimura cans on them...and I have been using aftermarket mufflers for years on my bikes. I do enjoy hearing the sound... as long as it's not SHATTERING, either to me or the drivers next to me. I know that many guys, (especially Tourers, which I figure most FJR owners are), prefer the Quiet.

Ahh, I'm still an old Hot Rodder. My intention is to make my 08 into a Highway Missile, just slightly "Cafe" (in the old definition)... while still maintaining its Long Distance capability.

·
Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
433 Posts
Interesting comments guys, thanks. Right now I'm looking at Dominator 16" stainless round units. They appear well-constructed...and the price is good.
NOISE - I like some. My two other bikes have Yoshimura cans on them...and I have been using aftermarket mufflers for years on my bikes. I do enjoy hearing the sound... as long as it's not SHATTERING, either to me or the drivers next to me. I know that many guys, (especially Tourers, which I figure most FJR owners are), prefer the Quiet.

Ahh, I'm still an old Hot Rodder. My intention is to make my 08 into a Highway Missile, just slightly "Cafe" (in the old definition)... while still maintaining its Long Distance capability.
Hey Bandit, saw in your op that you are from NY. Where abouts?? :unsure:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts