FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been covered before, but looking for some slip ons that aren't obnoxiously loud. These are big bikes, and I want a nice deep sound, not something that sounds like a blender. Two Brothers are way too expensive, IMO. I like the Holeshot 4-2 header system, but not enough performance gain for the money. The holeshot slip ons have promise, but I'd like to hear them.

·
Registered
2020 FJR 1300ES
82 Posts
Well remember that you have 2 cans. 2 brothers the most reasonable. Pay the price x2 if you want slip ons

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
The 18” carbon Delkevics I have on my 14 have a very nice deep bass rumble that goes away above 40-45mph, no drone at all. Very happy with them ! No potato-potato-potato outta my bike ! Potato’s are for soup or French fries !

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,457 Posts
I'd go with Delkevic 14" slipons, and forego the header system. Reasonable cost and nicest sound to me. TB's too obnoxious for me.

Reactions: JustBabs

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd go with Delkevic 14" slipons, and forego the header system. Reasonable cost and nicest sound to me. TB's too obnoxious for me.
Are 14" long enough to not heat up the bags? I have mine on 95% of the time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was going to say to get anything but Delkevics (and Coffman, gross) but that ship has sailed.
Delk fit and finish is not on par with that of Leo Vince, Akrapovic and other well known brands.
BUT... your bike....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yoshimura R77 slip ons on mine. Removable baffles. Carbon Fibre shell removes risk of burn. Sound is pleasant.

Reactions: passx

·
Registered
3,892 Posts

Not mine.

Just dawned on my that these might only fit the Dale Walker FJR headers with the larger diameter exhaust pipes. Buyer beware.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
.............. finish is not on par with that of Leo Vince, Akrapovic and other well known brands.
BUT... your bike....
Sometimes it's your wallet too. :D

Reactions: JustBabs

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,457 Posts
I was going to say to get anything but Delkevics (and Coffman, gross) but that ship has sailed.
Delk fit and finish is not on par with that of Leo Vince, Akrapovic and other well known brands.
BUT... your bike....
I'm not sharing that opinion.........

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yoshimura R77 slip ons on mine.
I have the Yosh R77s as well, VERY happy with them but your also at a $1k price point.
$1k!! I wish....lol.
My bill for the slip ons, pazzo levers and tax was over $2k.
Welcome to Canada, eh.

·
Registered
2008 Fjr1300, 2012 CBF1000
112 Posts
BUT... your bike....
At less than 1/2 the price with a 5 year guarantee I don't care! And they sound great and you get a lot of free stickers too!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I second Delkevic 14 or 18’s. 18’s you will need to ask for extensions from Delkevic (free) to clear the bags. 14’s you may not have to... they will end under the bags. Got two Delkevic cans on my fjr, and two Delkevic for my VFR as well... no issues.. all sound great.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts