FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I have to admit, I really like the lines, the simplicity and quality of the fairing pieces on the Gen 2 FJR's!! I only wish my profile was a gorgeous! :D

Please let us know what you think of the shorty windshield.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Are those Delks the tri-ovals? I dig the end caps. I have them but they look shorter than yours. If I remember right mine are 13 or 14 inches, yours looks to be longer. Or am I seeing things?

Reactions: maidenus99

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to admit, I really like the lines, the simplicity and quality of the fairing pieces on the Gen 2 FJR's!! I only wish my profile was a gorgeous! :D

Please let us know what you think of the shorty windshield.
Thank you! I love the shorty windshield, it works for me. It all Depends on the type of riding you do really. I live in California and mostly ride in great weather and not my rides are not all day long usually. In the down position you get a good bit of wind which I don’t mind and like the feeling of being out on a bike and I love the looks of it more than anything. In the highest position, it provides a nice pocket and blocks the wind totally for me. I am 5’10”.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are those Delks the tri-ovals? I dig the end caps. I have them but they look shorter than yours. If I remember right mine are 13 or 14 inches, yours looks to be longer. Or am I seeing things?
You are correct, they are the 13” Delkevic Tri Ovals. For the price you can’t beat them, they look and sound great!

·
Registered
2016 ES gun metal silver
97 Posts
Got my 2009 FJR fitted with Delkevic exhaust and a Cal Sci Shorty windscreen. :D
Nice looking ride. As others have said, this profile looks much more like a sport bike. Also something I would like to get to with the bags off. I noticed you have cut the rear fender back to just under the plate, if I am seeing this correctly. I'd like to cut it back too, and not sure of, the line just under the plate, or near top of plate but keep the plate fasteners. Any advice appreciated on the mod.

Love the look of the slip on and I've heard the sound is improved, as bass notes are much louder masking the high pitched "whirrrring". Glad the windshield works well for you. Much better looking than some of the big barn door style windshields out there.

I'm also looking for a nice vinyl piece running from the tank down to the front wheel. Taking the line of the rear subframe. Can't find anything off the shelf so may play with some ideas. Have you considered something like this?

·
Registered
'18 GL1800 Goldwing, '98 Shadow VT1100T, '16 FJR 1300 (Sold)
229 Posts
Rob - if I can spend your $$,, you should get the Delk's.. they sound GREAT on the FJR. I was going to get them for mine. Be carful if you cut the rear fender. I believe there is a red reflector at the bottom of the fender that you'd have to look at re-locating. Not sure of the full 'legal' requirements on having it.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,830 Posts
Rob - if I can spend your $$,, you should get the Delk's.. they sound GREAT on the FJR. I was going to get them for mine. Be carful if you cut the rear fender. I believe there is a red reflector at the bottom of the fender that you'd have to look at re-locating. Not sure of the full 'legal' requirements on having it.
No requirements that I am aware of in the US. I cut mine so that I can get the tire under there easily on the center stand.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
229 Posts
Oldjeep - yes, dont quote me, but I remember reading on a forum... not sure which one now, that law enforcement could get you in trouble for not having the reflector, but again, dont quote me. Could also be a Canadian law. And yes, I realize the motorcycle would have the running lights in the back, but I dont make up the laws/rules.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
I Googled motorcycle reflector laws and this came up...

"The short answer: Yes. In all the states in America (and really, in many countries internationally), bikes must be equipped with both lights and reflectors in order to be legal to ride. "

Like every other law requirements probably vary state to state.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just quickly scanning the internet and it looks like the reflector rule I'm thinking of, comes into play when you go to sell the bike and need to get a safety done. Which could be an Ontario Canada thing

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,830 Posts
I Googled motorcycle reflector laws and this came up...

"The short answer: Yes. In all the states in America (and really, in many countries internationally), bikes must be equipped with both lights and reflectors in order to be legal to ride. "

Like every other law requirements probably vary state to state.
Oh, well. I guess every bike I have ever owned is illegal ;) I doubt I'm getting pulled over for a reflector violation.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Oldjeep - probably not, but here in Ontario if you go to sell the bike, they won't give you a safety for it, or they could deny you one, until you fix the issue.. was just food for thought.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,830 Posts
Oldjeep - probably not, but here in Ontario if you go to sell the bike, they won't give you a safety for it, or they could deny you one, until you fix the issue.. was just food for thought.
There is no such thing as a "safety inspection" or any inspection when selling/buying a motor vehicle in MN. Honestly the vehicle doesn't even have to exist - if you have a title, you can transfer it.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
NJ. eliminated safety inspections of motorcycles a few years ago. Stupid in my opinion.

If you didn't have an inspection sticker on the left front fork you'd get pulled over. It was just as importatant as a registration. I think they were good for 2 years.

·
Registered
2016 ES gun metal silver
97 Posts
Oldjeep - yes, dont quote me, but I remember reading on a forum... not sure which one now, that law enforcement could get you in trouble for not having the reflector, but again, dont quote me. Could also be a Canadian law. And yes, I realize the motorcycle would have the running lights in the back, but I dont make up the laws/rules.
Hi, I’ve been riding in Canada for over 40 years, with cut back fenders. The plate, and lights are the only legal requirements as I understand it.

Reactions: JK28

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,702 Posts
Laws vary wildly from country to country and on this side of the Big Pond, even from state to state. The important thing is that here, no one really cares. Not about tires, not about exhausts and certainly not about reflectors.

Reactions: Oldjeep

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah no worries there. Just thought if you'd loose a couple of hundred quid selling a bike just because of a lack of a reflector, putting one higher up might be worth it.
The only reason behind my one is it was lying around on the day I wanted to hide an ugly bracket.
We're not really bothered by the cop's too much in Ireland, they seem to have the attitude that if you've made it this far then you know what you're doing. 😂.
I've straightened up the number plate since I took the photo.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Unfortunately a lot of riders over here remove their reflectors because they think their bike looks better without them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts