FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Hoons!!

I'm taking my wifey on her first overnighter (on her bike) to Eureka Springs. I know some of you guys are very familiar with the area any ride route suggestions once we get there??? Hotels, restaurants or B&B's??

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Hwy 23 south of there becomes the Pig Trail. Nice and scenic.

Hwy 16 and 123 are great, too.

I'm told there's a fabulous eating-spot in remote Oark, but I've never been.

Sorry, but I don't know the food/lodging/B&Bs very well, because when I'm over there, I'm grabbing a granola bar and getting back on the bike. :D

The main thing you'll want to do, on the riding, is avoid the big roads like Hwy62 and 412. They are always busy with slow-movers. Other than that, just pick a squiggly line on a map and take it, it's all pretty scenic and fun, even at sub-scare-the-wife speeds.

One of my favorite roads on the planet is just north of there... take 23 north into MO, take a left on 86 and ride it up to 76. Mmm, I love that stretch! Then right on 76 to Cape Fair is great. Or - if you take a left on 76, then another left on 112, you go through Roaring River State Park, very pretty.

You'll want to remember to consider how far and fast your wife will want to ride in the back seat... mine has no limitations on speed, but distance becomes a variable. In my book, a pair of feminine thighs around the hips is worth slowing down for, no?

Sounds like you'll have a GREAT time. :mrgreen: <---green with envy

:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Lucky for me she's taking her own bike!! So I can zip through the good parts and wait for her like we all did a few months ago,
except I'll be waiting alot longer for her slow ass to catch up! BUT, it's not about me..... (this time !!)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pig Trail

WOW!! What a road!! We went down 23 from Eureka to Ozark and back on Thursday morning, only saw a few cars and one 2 up Duck that was hanging on good!! I would have thought was you Liquid, cept he was gray!!
It was fun having someone to cut it up with for while, needless to say I had to wait for the SO for about 20 min after that little jaunt!!

Missed having you guys there to ride with but it was still fun...

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Excellent!

Glad you had a good time!

Bein' there on the Duc with wifey woulda been a heckuva lot better than what I did this past week.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.