FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
He kept it because he knew he F'd up.
He did. But i also did by bringing the part to him when it wasn’t required..lol. I guess at least he didn’t try to cram it in the wheel😆

Reactions: Oldjeep

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
It looks like Ray did the same thing as i did on that other thread, and he didn’t break anything…so here’s to hoping😆

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Ok, now I’m starting to get excited. Loaded test run today. 1 week before trip with all services done and new tires. No rampant anxiety allowed this tour!😆

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300R / 2007 Husq SMR 510
578 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
New tires looking a little greasy, be really careful and hit some rough pavement first to rub that factory shine off.
I’ve had some bad luck recently but I HAVE been riding on the road since 2003 maaaan.😊

Reactions: StreamRider

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Wavy Winston and I felt the same way today bruh 😎 😆

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
205 Posts
You and wavy down at the vape shop. Time to sell that Lexus and join the Subie gang? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: AtlRiderrr

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Swapped in an R1 shift linkage today thanks to @Whooshka and lowered the lever to the bottom of the “target area” on the bike. I like to be able to hold my feet flat when I’m out on the Highway lounging around…and not worry about any accidental downshifts.

On a side note i took notice of a very slow fork seep on my right stanchion. Which i wouldn’t have noticed if the whole belly flop didn’t happen. A 220 mile ride didn’t seem to cause any too leak over the wiper much. Realistically how long will those go until you have to address them because they are dripping? I’m sure I’ll be fine on the trip, but how long can they have a super slow leak?

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Google sealmate and give that a try. Sometimes fixes it completely or at the very least should buy you some time. Once you watch the video you can actually make your own from a plastic soda or milk bottle. Only takes a few minutes, definitely worth a try. YMMV ;)
Is it safe, or sketchy the same way Slime inside the tire is?😆

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
If you are old like me, find a 35mm film negative and use that;)
Not THAT old😆

Cycle gear is 2 miles from me. I bet they have one. Any reason i shouldn’t attempt it a day before I depart?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Shouldn't hurt anything, but for a minor leak I might not mess with it;)
I’ve always wondered if there are certain riding conditions that could cause a temporary leak in your fork that goes away on its own. Like riding in that storm for 6.5hrs last year, or if it gets really hot or something like that. I’ll buy the cleaner thing and pack it with me in case.

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300R / 2007 Husq SMR 510
578 Posts
I’ve always wondered if there are certain riding conditions that could cause a temporary leak in your fork that goes away on its own. Like riding in that storm for 6.5hrs last year, or if it gets really hot or something like that. I’ll buy the cleaner thing and pack it with me in case.
A real slow seep like you describe is usually a small bit of sand or debris that gets stuck in the seals on a hard impact. The sealmates are just thin strips of plastic and there are tons of videos on YT on how to cut your own out of plenty of stuff. You just slide em in and around and scoop out the small piece of grit and they are good to go.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,576 Posts
I've never noticed a correlation between conditions and fork leakage. I've ridden in full blown hurricanes and 103-105 degF Georgia 95% humidity. Nary a leak. If you choose not to do anything make sure you wipe off the splooge each day. Don't want to affect braking by getting the pads wet.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
I've never noticed a correlation between conditions and fork leakage. I've ridden in full blown hurricanes and 103-105 degF Georgia 95% humidity. Nary a leak. If you choose not to do anything make sure you wipe off the splooge each day. Don't want to affect braking by getting the pads wet.
Oh it’s not that bad…it doesn’t even come over the dust seal rim after a couple hundred miles. I only noticed it because i had never seen it/wiped it before and there was evidence of oil, but looked faint and old/dirty .. not fresh/clear. Hopefully its a very slow one.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts