FJR Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 145 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Rim Spoke

Does his have an extra part in there? I feel like it does!

Discussion starter · #65 ·
Looks to me like it is missing the collar (part 5)

(I'll shut up now)
You mean in the swingarm yes?! I GAVE that part to the tech and he acted like he put it into the wheel! Was that part from my Hub and he’s totally full of crap?!! Does it go here?
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Stairs

Discussion starter · #67 ·
5 is between the bearings inside the wheel - not in the diff.
The one in the diff is #32 on this drawing

Easy enough to tell if that is missing. Remove wheel - stick axle in and see if it slops around as it enters diff.
Omg I’m gonna kill that guy man! He totally pretended it was for my wheel and he never gave it back! He also put my front rubber on the wrong way and i had to take it back. That happens, so i Let it go! He’s lucky i didn’t pop my bearings out!

Discussion starter · #70 ·
View attachment 86081

Yeah you can see on the top pic it is in and the bottom one it is gone. Its like a long tube with a larger flange on one end. DEF needed. Like OldJeep said there should be no play in the axle when inserting it in there.
man that really ticks me off. I had my damn axle up to probably 50+ft/lbs without that in😕. Thankfully no load on it or anything but still!!

Discussion starter · #73 ·
Be more thankful you didn't go over 1000 miles of highway speed bumps with no bearing spacer. I am nowhere close to a mechanic but I don't think just torqueing it would do too much damage. Maybe I am wrong.
It felt wrong…that’s why i didn’t keep on it…was getting creaky too. Damn. I was going so strong in the garage today. It saddens me that you can’t trust the actual service department to do their jobs better than you…Jesus.

Reactions: StreamRider
Discussion starter · #76 ·
Probably didn't do damage, but if anything would get damaged it would be the caged roller bearing in the swing arm. #6 on the driveshaft diagram.
🤦🏻‍♂️. Here’s to hoping. Honestly it wouldnt have even made sense that it came from my wheel because i found it after my bike fell…but i guess I wasn’t really thinking clearly after that. It looks like a wheel part. Damn, the better not play games and pretend they don’t have that part still or I’m gonna lose it…lol.

Discussion starter · #80 ·
When you take it back apart, stick your finger in the diff and make sure the rollers still move. If the axle shaft was squishing the cage then they won't move, or will just fall out of the cage as soon as you remove the axle.
It’s back apart already but Ill go look. So i can friggin actually sleep tonight…

Discussion starter · #83 ·
Pick a small finger. Getting your finger stuck in a roller bearing is really embarrassing;)
So inside the differential, from the locknut side, feels like a section of plastic first, then metal towards the inside that you can see. Neither “spin” with my finger, but they don’t apear to be ready to fall out either.. both snug.

Discussion starter · #86 ·
Yeah. I'm wrong about being able to feel the bearing. The splined hub is riding in it.
I thought old Dan there was off topic a bit, but now that i think about it..i could have been hearing the ABS protector plate stressing which made me back the nut off after i heard something. It’s not cracked or bent though. Everybody pray for my steed tonight. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Discussion starter · #87 ·
And you did make sure part 28 is present - correct?
Yes the washer was there keeping the axle from driving inward past the ABS protector plate and brake assembly.

Reactions: Oldjeep
Discussion starter · #89 ·
That brings us back to part 28 that I asked you about a page or 2 back. Do you have it?
I’m not sure i could tell what it looks like on the wheel. If it’s not there, it means they also lost a part at the shop too …Jesus

Discussion starter · #91 ·
That brings us back to part 28 that I asked you about a page or 2 back. Do you have it?
Affirmative. It was right there on the floor, so it popped out before I was taking those pictures…that a good thing in preventing possible bearing damage? I sure hope..lol

Discussion starter · #94 ·
Looks like only thing I’m missing then is the spacer tube for the differential. Which of course would have remained in the bike if i hadn’t flopped it down on the garage floor like a porpoise.

Discussion starter · #96 ·
Hope you find it
The tech would have to be a reeeeal deeick to pretend he doesn’t have it anymore. I’ll probably have to call him out if he does..lol. I’m just gonna ask for it and not mention how he acted like he installed it in something. Count my blessings. Thanks, you and Streamrider for the assistance.

Discussion starter · #102 ·
He kept it because he knew he F'd up.
He did. But i also did by bringing the part to him when it wasn’t required..lol. I guess at least he didn’t try to cram it in the wheel😆

Discussion starter · #103 ·
It looks like Ray did the same thing as i did on that other thread, and he didn’t break anything…so here’s to hoping😆

Reactions: Whooshka
Discussion starter · #104 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Ok, now I’m starting to get excited. Loaded test run today. 1 week before trip with all services done and new tires. No rampant anxiety allowed this tour!😆

Attachments

21 - 40 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.