FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Made reservations at the High Country inn. Boone should be a great location. It's easy access to the Blue ridge and I81 for the super slabers. Matter of fact I stayed there on my way back from last years EOM. There are some great roads in the area, including Shady Valley and route 58 from Damascus, Va. nice loop on back to Boone. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John,
I think this is the best spot yet for the EOM. I'm slabing down, but if the weather is good I hope to ride up BRP/SLD Monday/Tuesday. By good I mean no dense fog.

Would you believe I rode my FJR to Sturbridge yesterday and it was in the 50's! I was so excited that I went back home on some back roads and had the thrill of a lifetime dodging sand traps :eek:

·
Registered
448 Posts
@Bill - I think that Joos, Silver and the other moderators felt sorry for me because I was pouting about having hundreds of posts on the last couple boards and now we are all back to like 1. I pleaded that us old geezers should get "status credit" for our hisorical posts on the last two board versions.

I think they are having a little fun with me :)

@rad - cool Bob. We can maybe hook up on my run north to EOM then ? I could take the FZ instead of the FJR but no.....EOM only needs one mascot bike :wink:

Boof

·
Registered
103 Posts
Be great to hook up with you, Craig. Already looking forward to it. I'm going to need some place to put luggage. :) :) Just kidding. Hopefully, by the EOM, I'll have some kind of luggage sorted for the FZ. Plenty of stuff out there for the FZ, just not the 06. :lol: Your welcome to crash at my house in Jax, unless you plan to do the run in one shot, 820 miles, I don't think so. :roll: My reservations are for Thuresday check-in and Monday morning check out. Flexible though, so a day or two on either end is no problem. Plenty of time to plan.

Nice of the EOM planners to allow an "outlaw" bike. At least it's a Yammie. :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice of the EOM planners to allow an "outlaw" bike. At least it's a Yammie. :lol:[/quote]

We wanted a HD to pick on, but YOU and your FZ will do :p

Seriously Rad, you'll allways be an exFJR guy and made the first and second EOM's in 2002/2003 happen IIRC.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, Bill.

The EOM has certainly grown to a major event as have all the regional meets. It will be great to be back in that part of the country and see some old friends.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Bill...
Tell Rad he's only allowed to take the FZ1 if he buys the Red one! :lol:

OK, I just posted on the 'other' site. Got some daughter/preschool issues to work out, but I'm going to make an attempt to do this one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Randy,
You know Rad is more of a black bike, bad to the bone, biker bubba!

This'll be great! I'm glad your going Randy!

Anyone still in touch with Slowpoke. I haven't talked to him since last spring.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My deposit for a Shift (got to be careful with that one) Red FZ1 was placed on September 29th. :)

Bill - How about motorcyclist? Have not seen him post in awhile.

Randy - Good to hear your going to try and make it. Where do you want to meet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have not heard from JoeRedSkin, Motorcylist, Krid in a long time.

So Rad What does S Red look like? Hahaha

Who comes up with these names?

I'd call it Police Magnet Red if it were mine 8)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, maybe that red is prettier than black!

Thats my idea of Police Magnet Red - is it a three stage paint? Looks deep. I tipped my bike over on the left so many times that I'm thinking Rino Liner painted fjr :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
The swingarm looks better than my '05 fizzer for sure, looks like they dumped the tubular handlebars for the FJR type too. That is one sweet looking ride.

But just wait !! Cause my custom paint job will be done on the FJR by EOM, and I stole the color from Suzuki's BUSA 8)

Boof

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bill, I don't know if it's the best spot, time will tell. I'm sure it will be great for sure. :D
Hey did you come down Brookfield rd heading back to Worcester? There's some nice riding back through Lester (spell?) and Rochdale. Watch out for the sand!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
fjr vfr said:
Hey did you come down Brookfield rd heading back to Worcester? There's some nice riding back through Lester (spell?) and Rochdale. Watch out for the sand!
I went out Stafford St (Dead Horse Hill here in Worcester- annual car climb with old cars like Stanley Steamers) through Rochdale, Charlton Depot, Charlton. There was no sand on this road.

Back I went 148 to Brookfield
9 to 31 North in Spencer
to Thompsons Pond Rd/Marshall St this is pretty twisty local road and it had sand all over it

I know that was my last ride till tax season is over. Someday I'll retire, move to Virginia and ride all the time :D

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.