FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mrgreen:
The thought ran across my mind. What if the Delay in the shipment of the US FJR's is due to Yamaha deciding at the last minute to increase the horse power from 145bhp to say 160bhp? In lieu of the fact that BMW upped the ante to 152bhp Yamaha just might decide that a little more juice might be needed to stay competitive. Maybe it's just wishfull thinking but it's easier to justify the extra wait for the US market if we knew we were going to get something a little extra for it

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a friend @ Kawaisaki. He say's the ZX14 ship date has been put off for a month also. I wonder why? :? I can't wait to get a test ride! :wink: just for comparision sake. I don't see me giving up my 05. FJR
11,000 miles and "LOVEING IT"

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ZX-14 is really a different kind of a bike. It's going to have insane power ( near 200 bhp ) and not really in the same market as a sport tourer. It would take a year or more before aftermarket companies come out with saddle bags to make it even ressemble a touring cycle. I'm not really sure I'd be interested in touring at 200 mph. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Seems to me the one I saw @ the show in Long Beach in December had hard side bags on it. I just figured they would come that way in the US just like the FJR. I believe they want to target the Busa touring crowd :roll: :crylarf: Maybe The Iron Butt??

·
Registered
250 Posts
qmotion said:
:mrgreen:
The thought ran across my mind. What if the Delay in the shipment of the US FJR's is due to Yamaha deciding at the last minute to increase the horse power from 145bhp to say 160bhp? In lieu of the fact that BMW upped the ante to 152bhp Yamaha just might decide that a little more juice might be needed to stay competitive. Maybe it's just wishfull thinking but it's easier to justify the extra wait for the US market if we knew we were going to get something a little extra for it
I also heard they would be offering 3 colors - blue, dark metallic gray and black. They have also modified the exhaust system, new short triangle mufflers that can be rotated up to a steeper angle when the panniers are off. Lastly, the handle bars can be lowered 1.5 inches and a shorter sport windscreen will be made available - oh - I forgot to mention the undertail, hugger, frame sliders, inverted forks and graphics that come standars on the new sport version. :ale:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sometimes dreams do come true !

Can only hope. :roll:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rumor has it that Kawasaki might be secretly planning a ST spinoff from the new ZX-14. In fact Cycle World magazine seems to think something called the GTR-1400 is in the works. Some variation of the 186 bhp motor with shaft drive does sound logical now that the Concours is in it's 20th year virtually unchanged since it's beginings. Maybe I'll wait till 2007 to tryout the FJRAE and see what else is cooking in the market place. If that's the case maybe Yamaha will try to beat them to the punch.

:mrgreen: I'm just too optimistic!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Actually the Canadians have the entire shipment
:crylarf: The US guys have not figured that out yet. :crylarf:

Chris

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah. Page 34 to be exact. That's what I was refering to when I made the earlier post. Since I lost my 2005 FJR and the wait is so long the the FJRAE I wonder if it might suit me well to wait for 2007.

·
Registered
53 Posts
In My cycle world it say's page 34 in the contents. I went there and found the artical High Art and round up. I just stumbled over the zx-14 on the bottom of 31 in my copy . Wonder what gives? :? I don't see me giving up my FJR. If I had to make a choise now it would be tough. :?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I loved the FJR but since I don't have one now and the FJR-AE isn't available yet there's no real delima. I can't imagine the GTR-1400 to be as balanced overall as the FJR. I do suspect that it will have more power. When you start traveling closer to 200 MPH I would not call it touring anymore. Even 175 MPH supersedes cruising. :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought the FJR just for that balance. @ 1/2 a century old I have no allusions about my slightly slowing reactions times and maybe depth perseption. :oops: Some day's I know it is a tour day. :( Others I want to rip it up on the twisties. :twisted: This bike is a master of neither. :roll: How ever it is more then capable for both. :ale: BALANCE 8) I rearly exceed 120 mph anymore. So 150 is more then enough for me. I also love the ease of maintance. Everytime I work on the bike. Also glad I bought the standad for the same reason. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts