FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone know if ter is an adjustment on electric,shift, as my 07
Seems to be very temperamental
Especially on taking off in 1st gear if I roll lol real quick it kinda clicks hard and then engages ,but shift very smooth into 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th
So is this the way the electric shift is
or is ter an adjustment so when I roll on from stop it could be smoother.thx
Like to hear your input. Cheers

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,117 Posts
I'm going to bet the clutch fluid hasn't been changed in a while and it needs it. You'll have to read up on how to do that without any special electronic tools.
I'll let the real experts chime in on what adjustments are available to idle and engagement speeds.

·
Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
375 Posts
Main thing with the AE is that the computer will control the clutch according to the RPMs. I believe the 07s were prone to a snatchy throttle which was addressed in different ways like throttle tubes, power programmers etc. The AE differs in that instead of feathering the clutch one must retrain the right hand to ease on the throttle to maintain smooth shifting which is made more difficult with a snatchy throttle. Of course once moving this is less noticeable. I would give this technique a try first before tearing into things to see if there is any improvement. Of course all the other recommendations my be required as well. 😉
Also some have found letting the engine warm up fully will reduce or eliminate the bucking some have noticed when they try to pull out when the engine is cold. As always YMMV. 😃

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would agree with raYzerman on the clutch fluid as it gets missed. Check it and /or change it.
The bike needs to be warmed up with at least one bar on the temperature gauge. It will still buck into first gear, but after it warms up to the 3-4 bar range it is just as smooth as the rest of the gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts