FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me how to edit an oldefr post. I can't seem to find how I did it when the post was newer.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,999 Posts
First- it helps to post in the correct section so you can find the post you want to edit.

Second- you have to be signed in.

Third- open the post to be edited. There are a few stipulations to edit but normally there's an edit button in the bottom right of the post. If there's no edit then the stipulations are not met and you can't edit. If that's the case you can

Fourth- click the quote button to quote yourself and post the change(s) you want people to see.

·
Registered
FJR1300A 2008
1,899 Posts
Can someone tell me how to edit an oldefr post. I can't seem to find how I did it when the post was newer.
kenya6,

Next, you can edit a message for maybe a few weeks (not sure exactly how long), after you post it.

Beyond that time, you lose the [EDIT] button on that message and it can not be edited.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,999 Posts
kenya6,

Next, you can edit a message for maybe a few weeks (not sure exactly how long), after you post it.

Beyond that time, you lose the [EDIT] button on that message and it can not be edited except by a moderator or an admin.
ftfy. A valid request to one of them fine folk will get the job done ;). So kenya6, If you send me a Private Message by clicking on my user name perhaps I can help in some meaningful way.

·
Administrator
343 Posts
Members have 12 hours from the time of posting to use the edit function. Any changes needing to be made after that will require a moderator or administrator to be contacted and request the changes.

Thanks,
- JB

·
Registered
309 Posts
Members have 12 hours from the time of posting to use the edit function. Any changes needing to be made after that will require a moderator or administrator to be contacted and request the changes.

Thanks,
- JB
…..well... I was looking for an edit button within seconds of hitting the "Submit" button for one of my posts.. I can't find any edit button.

·
Registered
309 Posts
…..well... I was looking for an edit button within seconds of hitting the "Submit" button for one of my posts.. I can't find any edit button.
Then again my problem might be that there is some grace period or one of many rookie hazing ordeals that I need to wait thru before I'm allowed to edit my own posts.

As an example: The site Administrator's mother wears azz whoopin' army boots....

SEE, I can't delete this :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,999 Posts
Then again my problem might be that there is some grace period or one of many rookie hazing ordeals that I need to wait thru before I'm allowed to edit my own posts.

As an example: The site Administrator's mother wears azz whoopin' army boots....

SEE, I can't delete this :grin2:
Patience Grasshoppah, your time will come. Post a few more times, see what happens.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yup, I guess I needed to exceed 5 posts to be allowed into this sorority.

But I'm sure I don't like the fact that anybody (you) can edit anybody's (my) posts. :grin2:

I trust you'll behave going forward,, God durned whippersnappers!! (playing the odds that you are younger than me). :grin2:

·
Registered
309 Posts
That was FUNNY! You're the guy who walks into a roomful of your buddies and mockingly (but lovingly!) states, "Hello Ladies!". :)

Thanks for the laugh!
Patrick
PS: formatting = mine.
:grin2: I'm glad you enjoyed that, I even more glad that somebody picked up on it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Anybody can't.

Any site like this depends on its moderators. Any moderator who capriciously or maliciously edits someone else's post will sooner or later find himself in trouble with the site administrators.
On the contrary my dear forum co-member, have a close look at the bottom of post #7 in this thread and tell me who edited my post. :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,999 Posts
On the contrary my dear forum co-member, have a close look at the bottom of post #7 in this thread and tell me who edited my post. :smile2:
Don't get your panties in a was, gurl! I'm a moderator, and that was just someone else's way of applying a little humor. Sorry 'bout that.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Don't get your panties in a was, gurl! I'm a moderator, and that was just someone else's way of applying a little humor. Sorry 'bout that.
I didn't know you were one of the moderators since your rank isn't shown with your avatar (like other forums do)

And, Nope, my panties are not in a wad else my smillie would have been a ":crying:" and not a ":grin2:" or a ":smile2:"

But having at least one moderator with a sense of humor (like yours) tells me I'm going to like this forum!

This doesn't mean you still ain't a God durned whippersnapper tho. :grin2: <- BTW this means I'm joking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts