FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so this is what I'm working with need help dose any one have a pic of original placement. 03 fjr 1300

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Here is how mine looks.

Why the zip ties, you ask???
Don't ask... Lol
The lock tab broke on my ecu plug...
And don't forget this screw:

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,279 Posts
Rut Roh! Hope you noted the wire pinouts before that connector got removed...... is that what you're asking, what are the pinouts? There is a wiring diagram in the service manual and it does show the wire colours for each cavity....... otherwise, you'll have to twin up with another owner.....

·
Registered
2008 FJR
72 Posts
I could go out and photograph all of the pin colors and share here, if that's what you need. Easier than following a diagram. Let me know!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could go out and photograph all of the pin colors and share here, if that's what you need. Easier than following a diagram. Let me know!
Yeah that would help me out so much. I'll send you some beer money for your troubles. I need to ride so bad I can barely stand it.

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,279 Posts
Pics would certainly help you, atta boy Charles, and the wiring diagram is a pretty good guide also....

·
Registered
2008 FJR
72 Posts
I got distracted this week, just remembered this thread. I'll go out now and see what I can photograph and include here. Standby....

·
Registered
2008 FJR
72 Posts
Here we go - took a little bit longer to get in there than I remembered! This is all from a 2008... shoot, I see now yours is a 2003. Damnit, this might not be helpful at all.
IMG_1451.jpeg

·
Premium Member
467 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still some very nicely detailed pictures, Charles!!! Well done!!
I agree thank you very much without the pictures I don't think I could give even try to get this done so with your pictures I got pictures of me doing it. Ill send you some beer money lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any gen 1 2003 pics of ECU plug wires would help a lot top bottom left right all that pics would help a lot 1st Gen 2003 come on guys help me out is there money in it for you

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,279 Posts
See wiring diagram, as viewed from ECU side with lock tab on top........ Orange and Gray/Red are the tach signal wires (to ignition coils) as a starting point.... X means blanked port.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I am just going to say, that there is noting we can't do with all of these helpful, talented, awesome folks on this forum!!

You all seriously Rock!!

Reactions: Hurchell

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,279 Posts
Iff'n it were me, I'd start by inserting all the wires into the appropriate cavities, fixing any that need fixing, then compare to another Gen1 whenever we find some pics................

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I got my bike started it runs I need a couple of the pins to the ECU and they snapped off halfway through and I can't seem to get them to plug in does anybody have a free or in extra ECU harness or pins i need 5 total pins
20210429_074341.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,279 Posts
Those terminals are going to be proprietary...... the only round ones I know of are Molex, and perhaps they might work/be adaptable. Local electronics supply nearby?

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,279 Posts
Stumbled on these, look very suspiciously similar.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts