FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each year I take a winter trip, usually leave right after Christmas.
This years trip started out the same way, Went to the Barber Museum, met up with some friends ( about 30 of us ) in Alabama for dinner at Grove Hill, then on to Stockton for the annual yearend gathering there which attracted over 500 people. From there it was on to Sarasota to meet more friends for luch and then on to Keywest. I started my journey home and made it back as far as Chattanooga where everything went wrong.
Check out this link: http://www.carsonphotos.net/webpage1028.htm

I am at home recovering, the bike didnt fare so well.

Bob

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
The Article said:
The motorcyclist crawled out of the roadway before he collapsed. Two East Ridge Firefighters and a TDOT Help truck driver also reacted quickly as they rushed to the motorcyclists aid. Although he was transported to Erlanger Medical Center by ambulance for multiple injuries, I would have to say that after seeing this wreck myself he was very lucky.
Brother, I'm using a stronger term than luck! Very, very thankful it wasn't worse.

:evil: :evil: Dang rubberneckers!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
know that feeling - hope you get well sooest - at least you have some strong witnesses and photographs for your insurance claim ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
at least you're here to tell us about it. Hope you get well soon and you get a new bike out of it. I hate people who slow down to watch a wreck. I have to blow my horn at them out of frustration, because usually there's big slow down because of the rubbernecking. Makes you want to scream :x

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
I honk at 'em too, No.2.

Big 'em pick em up truck, laying it on. They usually jump, too... which means they were REALLY not paying attention.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Nasty one Bob, hope you're up and about soon.
Rubberneckers are one of my pet hates as well, but at least the witnesses should make the insurance claim a whole lot easier.

Like the ads they put next to the news article, are they trying to tell you something? :lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hope your feeling better soon Bob, I guess there are different versions of lucky and you must have had a few of them that day

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm glad you're still with us Bob!
Get some rest, heal fast, and let us know how that new '06 the cager buys for you works out :wink:

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
FB4Short said:
Well I hope they put him up against a wall and shoot the beggar.
No license, no insurance... I think we need to start doing that.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
That's not good news. :evil: Hope they throw the book at him.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The motorcycle cop that did the accident investigation came to the hospital to see me. He told me that the guy was on his way to a court hearing for prescription medication fraud and was on 5 yrs probation.

They locked him up, but he was probably out before I got out of the hospital.

Bob

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bob; saw the pics you posted, glad your home...hopefully on your feet soon...sorry about your bike....hope they pull the d.... license that hit you :cry:

·
Registered
77 Posts
That is not funny - hoping you get well as soon as possible fella.

Sorry about your crash, those circustances suck! Hope the driver gets what they deserve.

Take care
Joos :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
This whole uninsured, no license thing is getting to be too damn common a thread here and the other scoot forums I visit. It's bad enough we have legal morons to deal with-the illegal ones just piss me off to the point.......I could go on about it, but what's the answer? Any time lawmakers tighten up any aspect of vehicle laws, the add ons almost make one wish the issue had never been brought up in the first place. This just discourages the hell outta me............. :?

·
Super Moderator
3,959 Posts
just_bob said:
The motorcycle cop that did the accident investigation came to the hospital to see me. He told me that the guy was on his way to a court hearing for prescription medication fraud and was on 5 yrs probation.

They locked him up, but he was probably out before I got out of the hospital.
Bob
REALLY sorry to hear this. No matter what criminal charges they book or convict him for, it doesn't help replace your bike, pay your bills, or your lost wages. I'd be seriously looking at getting a lawyer and seeing what assets he had that could be attached. In the mean time, I sure hope your medical and vehicular insurance was top drawer.

Best of luck on a quick and full recovery.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts