FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up if you are thinking about ordering a set of 06 FJR handlebar risers. I leave out around July 9th for a motorcycle trip and will be gone the entire rest of the month. I will not be able to send any orders out during this time. I have to ride too.

So if you are thinking about getting some and need them in July, you need to order now. I am still looking at sending next shipment of risers out around July 5th.

Out of the first set of 30 risers, noone has contacted me not being able to fit risers on their bike. One has said it was tight but went on ok. Many emails that install went great and did the install in 10 minutes. One rider had to cut the wire tie on left handlebar wires to free up slack but that's been it. So maybe Yamaha does not have a problem with their cable lengths.

See details and pricing at http://www.geocities.com/drhines/FJR1300Risers.html

Doug Hines

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Doug,

As someone who as a set of your risers on order,,,, I'd love to see comments from FJR riders using them.

Anyone out there care to comment?????

·
Registered
632 Posts
Me.

I got mine the day before I set off for a 1300 mile trip. Took 10 mins to fit them and they are great. No arm or back ache for the whole journey.

I have mine adjusted back. This is OK but my left wrist doesn't seem right - no issues with the right one. I need to play some more - but it wasn't worth worrying about while I was away.

Alan

·
Registered
5 Posts
risers

Hi Doug.

As someone who bought a set of your risers for my '04 FJR I was curious about hearing of a recall. I no longer have the bike and have just sold my risers through the site. I had nearly 2 years of trouble free riding with them and found absolutely no issues with them. Is there a problem I should be concerned about? I don't want to have passed on a problem to someone else.

Thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I ordered a set of 1 inch risers for my 04 machine through e bay last week. Haven't got them yet but I'm sure it will be another way to make an already decent bike even better.

I rode over 100km on our lousy roads yesterday evening, with the boss on the pillion, and I was Ok, and I didn't get any earache, so it must be good. :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello Doug,

I use to have your great handlebar risers since 2001 in my previous two FJR's and liked it very much.

Recently I bought a new 06 FJR AE and I wonder if you tested the 06 handlebar risers in this model.

I'm asking you that because the AE seems to have more cabling on the left handlebar due to the YCC-S system.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
632 Posts
The issue is not the cabling but the bolts which are supplied as a couple have snapped.

Alan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts