FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Summer is coming ! It is time to prepare our bikes for yet another long trip in Europe !

This time we choose a 4 day trip in the Austrian Alps, twirling during 2.200 kms among mountains, lakes and typical villages.

You may find all details of this next trip of ours, including maps, links of interest, road-books and even GPS coordinates in my website at:

http://pierre.inazores.com/austria_pre_e.htm

I hope it can help others planning their summer rides too.

Greetings from the Azores Islands,

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Pierre, great to hear from you again. I have not yet read the trip story - I will do that slowly and appreciatively, as your trip reports are always enjoyable and better read at leisure, not in a rush. I am looking forwrd to it already.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hope to meet you somewhere in Austria,at the same time we will travel in Austrian Alps too

Have a nice trip

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello Pierre.
Nice plan. Just for your info. From 16th to 18th Barcelona holds Moto GP.
You´ll find thousands of bikes and some (not thousands) FJRS.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ Salcon,

It would be great if we could met in Austria !

Have a great trip too. 8)

@ bigwave

GRRRR :x ... I won't be able to assist the MotoGP just for one day. The races are on June 18th, the exact day we will be sailling to Genoa, and I can't change the plans anymore :x

Anyway, thanks for reminding me that. Perhaps I will assist to the classification practice ... 8)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our next trip to the Austrian Alps officially started today when we shipped our bikes in a container bound from São Miguel Island to mainland Portugal. The bikes shall arrive at Lisbon next week, from where we shall start our trip on June 15th:

My shining "blue babe" ready to (long) ride !

Austria, here we come ! The logos are always in the in the limelight

The 3 "babes" waiting for shipping

Another view of our 3 "babes" !

My friend Paz Ferreira's Honda Pan-European, with my bike's cradle in front

My FJR well thied for the long boat voyage. Only puting the container top down would make it fall !

My "blue babe" and my brother-in-law Goldwing inside the container

Is this really a bike ?

Now we just have to wait patiently for the day we will start this new trip of ours ... :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts