FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an appt to put together the paperwork and make a deposit on a new 06 scheduled for early May delivery. Did I get lucky finding one not spoken for?

Anyway, they have assured me I can back out of the deal if I find the ergos will not work for me and my lovely pillion. I fully expect to make modifications for comfort ... just want to be sure that we are in the ballpark, so to speak.

All this to say ... if I DO need to back out, does anyone on this board want to take my place? I'll have final details worked out tomorrow re: price, but not sure if that deal would carry over to a backup buyer.

Just a thought. Didn't want someone really hot for an FJR to miss a chance.

·
Registered
189 Posts
06 FJR

Don't worry about it. You will not want to give it up. I have an 06 on order (any day now) and I have never laid eyes on one. All I know is from mags and web sites like this. This is the ultimate bike for me (30+ years riding). I am sooooo ready. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been riding for 35 years. Sold my Venture 4 years ago intending to buy another bike the next spring.

Sat on a ton of cruisers, sport bikes etc.... but never got excited about any of them. Seemed like everyone and their dog was buying cruisers, and I didn't want to have to lay down to ride a crouch rocket.

Sat on an 03 FJR at the dealer in October and put down a deposit on an '06 the same day.

You'll love it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
gr8eyes said:
Zmlw3, Maxey's or Baker Boys?
Maxey's. I saw the used bike in the morning, then did a little research online about prices. Called Baker Boys and they quoted me MSRP.

Went back to Maxey's and happened to catch Dan Maxey. He showed me his FJR and pointed out all the differences between his '05 and the upcoming '06. Quoted me a good price and I wrote the check...

Hoping it will be in next week. The guy ahead of me in the queue got his last week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The guy from Ft Worth is very happy :D Bike is great. The improvements are very good. There are FJRs here is DFW area available but the deal and the dealerships are not as good as Baker Boys. Thanks again Glenn.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!

I sincerely appreciate the help. After riding Harley's (and Guzzi's - I'm not a complete doo-rag) since hanging up my TZ racing in the late 70's, I admit to being a bit freaked over this. Something is pulling me over to this dark side and I can't decide whether to be thrilled or sick.

You all are tons of help!
:ale:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts