FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,272 Posts
The CF cans I've seen are a CF sleeve over the metal can. Since the CF doesn't conduct heat like metal, they don't get quite as hot.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah I can usually wrap my bare hand around the pipe after riding it if i wanted to.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Ivan claims that with good cans & a K&N airfilter that his reflash will give an extra 10hp, don’t know if it’s just a by product of the reflash or he actually changes the tune a bit. If I keep my fjr it’s on the list.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ivan claims that with good cans & a K&N airfilter that his reflash will give an extra 10hp, don’t know if it’s just a by product of the reflash or he actually changes the tune a bit. If I keep my fjr it’s on the list.
10 sounds like a lot, but it's probably more likely than a full system to raise the HP, that's for sure. Timing can do a bunch. I've been a little hesitant, simply because I've read some accounts of higher idle and other small glitches that would trigger my OCD. I also have decided not to go with a K&N because when I saw the air filter, I said theres no way you can get a nice even coat of oil, trying to spray inside this tube. If you sprayed the outside that would be different, but it just looks sketchy.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I’ve seen several Dyno runs on some fairly stout engines and the k&n definitely showed a difference but on the “mild” fjr probably little if any. Ivan claims that if you have good quality cans & a k&n that his reflash will give you around a 10hp boost, his claim not mine. But I have no reason to doubt him. To add to that several here claim a noticeable boost with those mods & Ivan’s reflash, dunno.

Myself, I have found that the oiled K&N’s tend to repel mice from inhabiting the airbox. And we all know just how inviting the fjr airbox is to critters, have you checked yours lately ?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I’ve seen several Dyno runs on some fairly stout engines and the k&n definitely showed a difference but on the “mild” fjr probably little if any. Ivan claims that if you have good quality cans & a k&n that his reflash will give you around a 10hp boost, his claim not mine. But I have no reason to doubt him. To add to that several here claim a noticeable boost with those mods & Ivan’s reflash, dunno.

Myself, I have found that the oiled K&N’s tend to repel mice from inhabiting the airbox. And we all know just how inviting the fjr airbox is to critters, have you checked yours lately ?
I feel like mice are less of a thing in urban settings. I checked it when i drove it home last year and there was no evidence of anything, not even a fly carcass! I know that I’ve never heard or seen a mouse or even evidence of one around my home in 10 years. I always associate mice with proximity to fields and nature etc.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Alt, imho, if you don’t-see any evidence, you’re not looking ! They’re like air !

·
Registered
39 Posts

Every year, I'm cleaning evidence of mouse inhabitants from my air box. Luckily, nothing has entered the intake.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts