FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hello
I am going to order a pair of Delkevic for my FJR but i dont now if i should have 350mm or 450 mm...... is the sound different or?
If you're ready to pull the trigger, you might want to wait till Friday as Delkevic is having a "Black Friday" sale thru the following Monday. 10% off their already great prices.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread, just discovered the 14" carbon can. Love the look, are you guys having to get a new fuel map or runs okay after can install?? 2013 FJR1300.

Does a new K&N filter & 14" can change the map equation?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread, just discovered the 14" carbon can. Love the look, are you guys having to get a new fuel map or runs okay after can install?? 2013 FJR1300.

Does a new K&N filter & 14" can change the map equation?
Hey, just wondering if you eventuallt got those 14" exhaust? Waiting for mine now (DL10 STUBBY 14" CARBON FIBER ROUND MUFFLER)

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I have the Carbon Delkevics on my 14 and will say that for me they are perfect, nice deep throaty rumble under 35-45mph and just quiet above, no drone at highway speeds. Perfect !

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Carbon Delkevics on my 14 and will say that for me they are perfect, nice deep throaty rumble under 35-45mph and just quiet above, no drone at highway speeds. Perfect !
What size you got? Can you post a picture of your bike here please?

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,084 Posts
I have had Delkevics on my last three bikes and they are my pick. 14" sound great. Just put one on my VFR to replace a too loud Two Brothers.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've also got Delkevics, but went with the 18inch ovals. With no baffle I would recommend the 18's....if you're going to keep the baffles in go 14. Just my .02. Without baffles I bet the 14's have a small drone area in the low rpms.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For those of you with Delkevics.

Why didn't you spring for the full system?

Getting ready to surprise my bike with a little bit of an upgrade and can't decide which way to go.

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,084 Posts

Getting ready to surprise my bike with a little bit of an upgrade and can't decide which way to go.
Not totally relevant, but a few of the VFR guys went full Delkevic headers and noticed nothing, one guy thought even worse performance. Those are complicated headers though. I'd think the FJR headers are pretty decent, I personally wouldn't spend the bucks for any slight gain there might be or not be.

·
Registered
273 Posts

I was a guy that was debating the full system as well when I bought this bike. You may be able to find the thread somewhere on here from about a year or so ago. I ended up deciding on just the pipes basically because there was no real proof of tangible power gains (I think delkevic claims like 10-15hp..lol), plus there was a possibility of a sensor code. Delkevic told me in a message that you can get away with the whole system and not throw a code....but you are SO CLOSE to the threshold of throwing a code that even just a K&N airfilter would put you over the line and you'd throw a code. I didn't want to deal with all that for 1hp. Do I sometimes wish this had a rev limiter at 12k instead?...sure.....but thats no easy fix, and it's only when I'm already being irresponsible on the highway playing with Hellcats and such :LOL: .Generally speaking when you are out on normal roads or up in the canyons, you are in 3rd gear at less than 1/2 way to redline and you're already doubling the speed limit. This thing has way more power than you need at most times.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Who's bag guards are those?
I bought this bike with several parts from MCL ( I think thats the name..they are now closed). MCL Guards front and back as well as that full MCL triple for the bars....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the replies gents!

Looks like I will stick to cans instead of the full system. (18" carbon)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks for the replies gents!

Looks like I will stick to cans instead of the full system. (18" carbon)
Make sure you ask them for the "extension brackets" if you go with the 18's, or the ends will touch the hard cases. With 14's, they might actually be short enough that they don't touch the cases...somebody else would have to weigh in on that.

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,084 Posts
If you get the carbon with the tapered angled tips, I doubt you'll have any issues with heat on the bags way back there, and can go with the 14" (which I think look better).

Reactions: AtlRiderrr

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I forgot i also got the carbon fiber ones...
View attachment 77983
Those are exactly what I have ! Great piece’s, like AltrOder I researched things when I bought mine, there just isn’t any power to be had there, other than lightening things by around $1200, to get maybe 1-2hp, maybe. No thanks ! And that is the case with almost all aftermarket exhaust on any bike. Any real gains are due to usually a good weight reduction over the oe part.

Anyway, I’m happy with the Delk cans, they weigh less and they sound great ! My .02

·
Registered
273 Posts
Those are exactly what I have ! Great piece’s, like AltrOder I researched things when I bought mine, there just isn’t any power to be had there, other than lightening things by around $1200, to get maybe 1-2hp, maybe. No thanks ! And that is the case with almost all aftermarket exhaust on any bike. Any real gains are due to usually a good weight reduction over the oe part.

Anyway, I’m happy with the Delk cans, they weigh less and they sound great ! My .02
Yeah i really like them. I do kinda wish you could have them at that more aggressive upward angle they are at without the extensions... but they hit the cases for sure. I played around for a good week and every time they would hit the cases again after a ride... so extensions it is!😆

·
Registered
189 Posts
Has anyone noticed a difference on a re-flash after the cans or full exhaust change out. Is there not a quick flash upload from Ivan?

41 - 60 of 69 Posts