FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on the new 14's. I absolutely love mine, and am convinced I made the right choice.
Hope you like 'em too!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I installed the 8" Delkevics on an individuals 2001 VMax.

They were extremely loud and to be honest made his bike sound like a worked up 60's muscle car running down the quarter mile...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Congrats on the new 14's. I absolutely love mine, and am convinced I made the right choice.
Hope you like 'em too!
Hmmm. Just arrived. Not too happy with the quality. One silencer has the baffle mounting screw at exactly 180 degrees e.g. right at the bottom of the outlet pipe, the other is at approx 150 degrees which wont look too good from behind when fitted as the baffle looks twisted and at a funny angle. I've just sent Delkevic a picture and phoned them up and they agree that it is not satisfactory so they are sending me another one next week which shows good service but what poor quality control in the first place. Luckily they are in the same country - I'd be well pissed if I had ordered these from the States.

Just look how the screws are all in line on one silencer and the baffle screw is off centre on the other. Or am I being picky?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I went with the 17" tri-ovals and couldn't be happier. Excellent quality, great fit and sound. The kit is complete with new exhaust gaskets and a tube of hi-temp sealant. I'm on FJR #4 and have owned Staintunes, Leo Vince, and two sets of Holeshots. Try the Delkevic's and spend your hard earned dollars/euros on other goodies. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Just look how the screws are all in line on one silencer and the baffle screw is off centre on the other. Or am I being picky?
No Steve. Not being too picky. That is definitely a defective can and you have every right to complain and send it back...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hmmm. Just arrived. Not too happy with the quality. One silencer has the baffle mounting screw at exactly 180 degrees e.g. right at the bottom of the outlet pipe, the other is at approx 150 degrees which wont look too good from behind when fitted as the baffle looks twisted and at a funny angle. I've just sent Delkevic a picture and phoned them up and they agree that it is not satisfactory so they are sending me another one next week which shows good service but what poor quality control in the first place. Luckily they are in the same country - I'd be well pissed if I had ordered these from the States.

Well, no delivery details from the courier - They told me last Thursday they would be here today and its normally next day delivery. I've just phoned them again asking what time they will be coming and..... no-one knows anything about the call last week. Sort of lost my rag with them and told them to get it sorted TODAY or I'll cancel the sale, tell PayPal not to pay them (14 day payment thingy), and leave some stinking feedback on eBay. They are going to check and phone back.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Update: Still no call from Delkevic but just had a text from the courier telling me that they have just received an order from Delkevic and they are to collect my parcel from them today for delivery to me tomorrow. Thats a text I should have had last Thursday if they had done as they originally promised last week. I can't stand incompetence and this just turns me off a product. Not particularly looking forward to having them now. :(

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well, it came yesterday. Looked okay. Will fit them on sometime when I can be arsed. Not bothered either way now.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Now fitted. I'm happy again. :D

Reactions: Andrey I.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Now fitted. I'm happy again. :D
Glad to hear! Sounds like the poorly installed screw was just a QC mistake. Their service, from my personal experience and what I've read, is first rate.

·
Registered
687 Posts
To give credit where credit is due, someone from Delkevic telephoned me today to make sure that I was completely satisfied with the replacement can they sent me. I'd buy from them again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Received my 17 inch carbon fiber tri ovals on Friday. Took about 45 minutes to install and gaskets and gasket sealer was included. Rode about 6 hours yesterday with the baffles in. Sound is much deeper than stock and the sewing machine whine is gone. Decibel wise you can hear them a little better than stock when you get on it, but not much louder until you get above 5,000 rpm. Above that, they do come alive a little more, but not obnoxious at all. Cruising you don't even hear them. So far extremely happy with the quality and the sound.
They are a little close to the bags, the left side closer than the right, so I probably have a little adjusting to do. However after running them for over an hour on the trip home, the carbon fiber was cool to the touch and the stainless steel end cap was cool enough I could touch it. Nowhere close to needing to worry about melting rubber, plastic or heating up the paint on the bags.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Received my 17 inch carbon fiber tri ovals on Friday. Took about 45 minutes to install and gaskets and gasket sealer was included.
I have not been able to locate the 17" Carbon Fiber Tri-Ovals that you mention above. Are they actually 13"?

Do you have a picture you could share with us? I bet they look good! :D

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
They are not yet on the web. Ordered them at the AIM expo in Orlando a few weeks ago. If you are interested might be best to give them a call. Still trying to figure out how to upload a photo.

·
Registered
271 Posts
They are not yet on the web. Ordered them at the AIM expo in Orlando a few weeks ago. If you are interested might be best to give them a call. Still trying to figure out how to upload a photo.
To upload a photo:

- go to imgur.com, click on upload. Upload your picture, then it will give you a URL. Select the URL link and copy it.

- now come here, click on 'post reply' and click on the little yellow icon (the one to the right of the envelope icon), paste the URL. That's it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
To upload a photo:

- go to imgur.com, click on upload. Upload your picture, then it will give you a URL. Select the URL link and copy it.

- now come here, click on 'post reply' and click on the little yellow icon (the one to the right of the envelope icon), paste the URL. That's it.
I was able to do it through photobucket. Hopefully others can see it now and thanks for an alternate way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello
I am going to order a pair of Delkevic for my FJR but i dont now if i should have 350mm or 450 mm...... is the sound different or?

21 - 40 of 69 Posts