FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down to deals gap from Rhode island. Monday 5/22/05 taking the blue ridge down. Anyone in the area want to get together let me know. First long ride on my 2006 FJR.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Ride safe. Bring some pictures back, eh? 8)

:)

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
It's a little further away from you than Greece... but we're all still neighbors, right? :wink:

:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Apparently geography isn't a popular subject in turkey, but yes we are neighbors. :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Deal's Gap....Squid Mecca. Alas, I suppose everyone must make the pilgramige :( . Nonetheless, there are EXCELLENT roads to be ridden in the area. I have a rental property near there that is used by whitewater rafters, motorcyclists, and people in general looking to hang out in the mountains. Don't miss GA Rt 60 from McCaysville, GA to Dahlonega, GA, or a ride west on TN Rt 64 from Ducktown through the Ocoee River Gorge....and these are only two of the really fine roads in the area. Oh. lest we not forget the Cherohala Skyway. Oh yeah.... :lol:

·
Registered
425 Posts
we were down there last fall....had a great time and the weather was fantastic...headed to Road America in 2 weeks...ready to watch the pros in action

·
Registered
405 Posts
Got to give Iergen a break: the island of Rhodes is a real place in the Dodecanese Islands in the Aegean Sea, a hell of a lot closer to Turkey than Rhode Island.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
back after a week

One week 2974 miles later and there is no road better than the gap did it on wednesday 6 times perfect conditions. Took the blue ridge from begining to end. great week

1 - 11 of 11 Posts