FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knows if I need to remove the top fairing in order to get to the back of the dash??

And no, I haven't got delicate, small, japanese Yamaha san fingers. :roll:

TIA

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I know it was discussed, believe on the old site, and it's an absolute PITA just to change a blown instrument light bulb.

Believe it was a partial top fairing removal, by one of our american friends, but hopefully this will be confirmed for you.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
IIRC the fairing fits over the top of the dashboard, so if you are trying to remove the dash then the fairing has to come off. If its bulb replacement you're after, then you have to partially disassemble the dash anyway, so it all has to come out. Access to one or two of the the dashboard retaining screws is almost impossible with the fairing in place anyway.

Even if you are 'just' trying to access the relays at the back of the dash then I suspect its a lot easier to strip the fairing, but my glove size is XL as well :lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Twice I've tried to remove 'all' of the body panels from the bike. Both times I ended up leaving the front fairing (nose piece) in place. I cannot find the last ?few? retaining bolts/screws/clips.
I'm sure I could get it off once, but putting it back on again would be difficult...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts