FJR Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Premium Member
I have never been a fan of the Matte finishes and discovered than no matter how visible one tries to make their ride people still do not see you until they have run you over HOWEVER I do like what you did with the wrap part. It makes it stand out a little more and enhances the Matte Blue.
Congrats on the job you did and thanks for sharing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah I wasn't sure how I felt about the matte finish but I loved the way it looked from the first time I seen the color. The only thing I don't like is it fingerprints up easily, but its easy to quick clean too. So it's a catch 22. I do agree, people are horrible at paying attention, I figured if someone runs me over or hits me with how my bike looks, no one will believe them if they deny it 馃槀. But thank you!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yes I did see your bike on his website, (it looks great btw) actually was curious, how do you like the Yoshimuras on the FJR? I'm going to install a set in spring. Absolutely Bounce, you definitely do not want to use a pressure washer on any vinyl with a seam, it can have the potential of blowing the vinyl off. However I don't find much need for a pressure washer on a street bike anyways, hand wash by bucket, rinse with a garden hose.

Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
I am also curious about the Yoshis! I might like to do that as well!

Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
I had the FJR Yosh's.... sound fine, much like a Delkevic, not obnoxious. When I sold the FJR, next owner wanted stock pipes, so I sold them. Pricey things!! (I got mine gently used for $600).

Reactions: skippy344!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yes they are, they run about a grand new, but it'll be worth it I think. I also am considering having Ivan tune my ecu as well after doing my pipes, air filter and deleting the AIS system. Then doing a Throttle body sync.

Registered
I love the FJR Yosh slip-ons! But, f***! They are pricey bastards! I got mine used. Forget how much I paid, but they still weren't cheap. I absolutely love their looks! And like their sound. And they are quality! So, you get an excellent quality slip-on that looks great, saves some weight, and sounds good. Personally, I like a bit more sound like my Holeshots have but these are good. On the other side of things, I have a set of Two Brothers slip-ons on one FJR and they are too loud for my taste. I'm fairly certain my Holeshots are lighter than the Yosh also. If I were purchasing now however, I would have a tough decision between the FJR Yosh which are chrome with CF tips vs. the all CF Yosh that are otherwise identical.

I am eager to try a pair of Delkevic someday in the future. I found a cheap pair on Craigslist for my riding buddy MudslideMiller and I think they look GREAT on his '14 FJR. Sound good too. Now I wish I would have bought them for myself! They are the Stubby 13" Stainless Tri-Oval and are a bargain at $445 brand new.

Reactions: Whooshka

Registered
Thank you for the feedback on the pipes, they were on my plans for fjr and I will be ordering them before spring, I just have to sell my old fjr first. Did you have your ecu tuned at all?
No, I've never seen the need for re-tuning on any of my FJRs over the years with various slip-ons. I don't think they make a big enough change in airflow that the stock ECU and sensors can't handle. Especially with the catalytic converter in there. Nor do I think they make any noticeable difference in power gains. I just like them because they look good, sound good, and lower the weight by a few lbs..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Oh okay, I was considering getting mine tuned not so much for the performance end of things but to remove all the EPA crap and smooth out the engine a little more. I've heard Ivan's helps. Plus it'll be nice not having any govenors on the cruise control and what not.

Premium Member
I left the factory pipes on my FJR as my ZRX with a Muzzy Meg and my ZX14 with a full Leo Vince are kinda loud. It is nice to just hear yourself think with a quiet bike so that is the way the FJR is gonna stay. The Yosh sound fantastic and following another FJR with them is not a problem.

Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
Oh okay, I was considering getting mine tuned not so much for the performance end of things but to remove all the EPA crap and smooth out the engine a little more. I've heard Ivan's helps. Plus it'll be nice not having any govenors on the cruise control and what not.
Really the only EPA crap is the PAIR system. You can either buy PAIR blockoff plates or just remove the hoses and plug the existing ports. Depends on what year you have, but may have to leave the PAIR solenoid connected (to avoid an error code) or substitute a suitable resistor so it senses it is still plugged in.

The PAIR system simply allows passive air to enter the exhaust ports post-combustion to help burn unburned gasses in the exhaust. There is no performance gain by removing it whatsoever, but it does clean up the engine bay.

As for cruise, just a limit to the top speed set.... if you have a '13...... how often have I ever used 80 mph on cruise? Once.

Reactions: bounce

Registered
If I'm not misremembering, Ivan's tune will also disable the PAIR system which helps to eliminate the decel pop with aftermarket pipes. So if you're sending him $$ no need to eliminate the PAIR plumbing other than to get rid of some clutter under the tank.

Registered
As for cruise, just a limit to the top speed set.... if you have a '13...... how often have I ever used 80 mph on cruise? Once.
Interesting. You are the second old phart I've seen post that recently. Myself, I have it set over 80 mph all the time.

Premium Member
Aaaaaand out comes the testosterone.

• Haha
Reactions: skippy344!

Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
Interesting. You are the second old phart I've seen post that recently. Myself, I have it set over 80 mph all the time.
+1. It's common enough for me that I installed a Koako throttle lock for the times the CC can't keep up.

Reactions: SkooterG
21 - 40 of 45 Posts