FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing an Audiovox vaccum cruise control and was using Amain's instructions but they are for a non ABS, does anyone have the wiring diagram or wiring instructions for the ABS model. need to know where all those wires go, coming out of the servo motor. ride safe thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
No difference. You're only using the brake light circuit to interact with the CC computer. And at least on the 04 that is the same, ABS or non-ABS. My Audiovox is installed on an 04 ABS. It works great. I wouldn't be without it. The only really tricky part is connecting the actuating cable to the throttle shaft cam. Because of the angles, the actuator can't produce full throttle shaft rotation which means that it will only hold a set speed up to about 90mph or so. And because of it's location it would be difficult to modify the throttle cam to allow more rotation via the CC cable. You could do it if you were willing to take the time to remove the throttle bodies themselves from the engine. If I have the time some day I'll do just that. After all, why shouldn't I be able to set the speed to 150 and take my hands off the handle bars for miles on end.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hmmmmmm. Personally I wouldn't want to have the cruise control on above 90mph. After about 85 mph your not really cruising any longer.

Mel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts