FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:twisted: Hi!
Anyone out there who has a Throttle Meister mounted? I´m a Swede FJR-runner intending to buy one, please tell me, is it ok?! Rather expensive I think.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hej hej

No idea personally on the Throttle Meister, but it sounds familiar, did you try searching?

I guess you need it in Sweden? I seem to remember the swedish constabulary were rather keen.

I have a friend in Uppsala with a "new" 2nd hand sports bike, waiting for the thaw :lol: Was thinking of riding over in the summer for a visit, so maybe I should look into one as well

·
Registered
49 Posts
throttlemeister

I had a Throttlemeister on my old Hayabusa, looks nice, kinda tricky to get adjusted properly at first, not real easy to use, cause you have to hold the throttle where you want it, as you slide your hand to the right and twist the thing tight. Works ok, takes a little practice. Went with the Vista Cruise on the FJR, works just as well, cheaper, not as pretty, but if you take the little metal mounting bracket and bend it straight, it will mount pointing downward without any drilling or tapping, still easy to use, but hardly visible looking downward at it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wilddriver said:
:twisted: Hi!
Anyone out there who has a Throttle Meister mounted? I´m a Swede FJR-runner intending to buy one, please tell me, is it ok?! Rather expensive I think.
Today I mounted the Throttlemeister on my new 2006 FJR.
Its fits on this new bike and I used it on my 2001 and my 2003 models too.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I feel I wasted my money on the Throttlemeister, but they do work well for weighted bar ends. I never could get used to the on and off with the T-M and after just a couple months it needed major adjusting. Not a design flaw per se, just I don't like the operation.

I left the T-M on and recently installed a VistaCruise. I couldn't figure out the "easy" install some found, and had to modify it quite a bit to get it to work, and had to cut down the rubber grip flange. I think the best instructions are on another site, and I'll search for a link if you need it. However, all that said it was really no big deal to install and GOLLY it works great! Just what I wanted too - flick the lever and shake out the hand then BLIP off again for another ten minutes or so. Smoooooth!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts