FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the recall, on 2019 my cruise control is not working. It will turn on but it will not set. Has anyone had the same problem? If so, what went wrong?
Thanks, JD

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yup, if it worked before and not now, contact the dealer.
Don't fret and chase rabbits from forum posts or "well it might be" suggestions.

Reactions: passx

·
Registered
158 Posts
Check that neither brake switch is sticking on and that the brake light is off. Perhaps push the front lever forwards as there is very little free play before it turns off the cruise.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Check that neither brake switch is sticking on and that the brake light is off. Perhaps push the front lever forwards as there is very little free play before it turns off the cruise.
Clutch lever as well, but like others have suggested get it back to the dealer if these simple tests don't work. I'd be worried that reflashing the ECU screwed up the cruise somehow.

·
Premium Member
2019 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found my problem. It needed the linkage on the back brake slaked off. Even though the brake light was staying off, there was not enough slack in the system to allow the cruise control to set. Thanks for all the comebacks......

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found my problem. It needed the linkage on the back brake slaked off. Even though the brake light was staying off, there was not enough slack in the system to allow the cruise control to set. Thanks for all the comebacks......
Had same exact issue! Took bike in about 2 months ago to get recall work done on front switch. Took out for 1st ride today. No cruise. Assumed they did something. Was the rear brake switch as well! Not enough slack.

·
Premium Member
2019 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was the rear brake switch. I had to loosen the linkage just a bit. HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts