FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
Has anybody ever come across a 7 pin surface mount (chassis mount) DIN plug that was waterproof or with a cover similar to the powerlet sockets? I'm looking to permanently mount my Autocom Pro 7 to the bike and don't want loose helmet connectors hanging.
Been searching the internet all day - no joy. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Malki

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh Daftlad, they are, but thanks for the link anyway :)

Malki

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I tried doing the same thing on my bike. In the end I used a spring loaded lock cover that I got from Maplin, made up a plate to reduce the size of the hole down to the external size of the panel mount socket, and fitted it in the black panel just by my right knee.

Amphenol used to do some IP67 rated DIN plugs and sockets, but they were a bit military with screw covers, and I can't find them in the RS or Farnell catalogues.

Click here for Farnell (select DIN audio and you should be able to find a suitable socket.)

If I could, I would post a picture of how it turned out on my bike :roll:

Edited to make the link work (after a fashion)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marshman - thanks a bunch, I think between the Farnell bits and that lock cover from Maplin I'll be able to concoct just what I need.

Thanks again.
:D
Malki

·
Registered
1,618 Posts

If it works this should be a photo of the covered socket, as I installed it on my bike.

Removed the rivet holding it all together then painted it all black before putting it together again using an M3 stainless bolt.

Made up a short lead with a right angle plug on the end of it to go into the socket. Don't use that now as I've got the coiled autocom lead which is long enough to reach down to the socket ok. It was also fabricated from one of the original Autocom leads that they have been replacing due to their prpensity for breaking conductors.

Ian, thanks for the offer to post the pics for us, but it looks like it may be sorted :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts