FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Alman you should be like us and have French plates you don’t have to worry about the dreaded flash. :wink: :wink:

Will be back in the Uk for a few weeks and will not worry at all about the cameras
Shame I have to come back in the car :(

Over hear your lucky if you see any cars on the country roads and we still have to drive for 45 minuets to remind are self swat steed cameras are and then they are front facing :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here Too...

Hi Guys,

I don't know about country roads, but we have had the worst Xmas road toll in QLD since the 'introduction' of speed cameras... Heloooooooo

Why they continue to sit their bums in camera vans and have no other visible presence, attitudes will not change... Many of this years deaths have been put down to fatigue, but you can't raise money looking into that, and the amount of drink drivers caught over the break was truly depressing....

But of course they are able to make so much $$ and get better headlines for all those 'speeding' motorists.....

I can get wound up too easy with this stuff... Appaerntly 22-25% of deahts & accidents involved those under 25, so now they are talking about raising the age limit that you can get your licence to 18 (currently 17), gee that should help... What is more troubling to me when using statistics is that means 75% of crashes & deaths were those above 25.... So why are they not looking at taking all of those of the road.... Bloody wankers..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Atlas,
Good point about the coppers and the speed cameras. I was in QLD. last Oct. and Nov. to get married in Toowoomba and spent about six weeks in QLD including Brisbane and The Gold Coast and never ever saw a cop out patrolling the highways and byways but I saw quite a few camera vans/cars/utes. Makes a bloke feel quite sick.
Anyway, I will be moving to Oz this year and intend to stay in Brisbane so maybe we could get together for a ride and a pie and Tooheys after.
Take care and ride safe!
Wayne

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi Atlas how is it going.

I agree with your comments but until drivers band together and force the gov to take another line of action to reduce the road toll. The Gov will continue to collect the revinew from the poor motorest.

Its tooooo easy for them to just book people for speeding and in their minds easy to justerify doing so.

I dont know what the answer is but it would take a powerful lobby group to ghange their way of thinking.

Belly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.