FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Smuggler Trunk Removal

So I'm under the impression that the Smuggler Trunk bolts on,
and it's a lot of trouble to install/remove(unlike the side bags).

Kinda sux, if on a whim you want to put your rear seat back
on and go for a quick ride with "Honey". :?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See the thread in my earlier post to view the mod I made allowing quick change of stock pillion seat to Smuggler trunk.

·
Registered
49 Posts
smuggler key?

I'm thinking about getting one- was wondering, how does my existing bike key manage to operate the smuggler lock??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Delivery problems?

Hi
Does anybody know if Corbin got problems with the Smuggler trunk?
It´s now 2,5 months since I ordered a front seat and a Galaxy blue smuggler from Battistinis, UK. I got the seat in 3 weeks but the trunk seems far away...
:cry:
Rulle, Sweden

·
Registered
30 Posts
It took a couple extra weeks to get mine. The day after i wrote a letter, it came. I think they wait till they have a few to make together then do them all at once. Like that makes sense when painting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I called Corbin. I think they sell it with the bolt setup because it is nessary to use bolts if you also buy the Corbin seat. While it work great with the factory seat they are mostly concerned with how it mates with there own seat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
smuggler mod

Tom- I just ordered a smuggler, will do the mod you outlined- thanks for doing all the legwork to find the parts and posting the part numbers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Corbin seat with the Smuggler. I installed the Smuggler using the instructions I found here. (grind bolt head down and "pin" into place). Works well! Seconds to remove yet secure. I love the combination - great seat; terrific convenience with the Smuggler. I hardly ever bother with a tankbag.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts