FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Why are you selling? Not happy with the seat design or is there a custom seat in the works? Also, can you show pictures of the actual seat and not the picture from the Yamaha website. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Corbin

Custom seat on order....now have Givi trunk with backrest..cannot use this backrest with it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Corbin Seat

I am interested in purchasing the seat you have up for sale on E-Bay. I am leaving on a 4-day motorcycle rally on May 19th and would like to have it in my possession by then. I live on the west coast, United States, near Portland, Oregon. If you are able to ship the seat to me within that time frame, I would be willing to pay the price you are asking. You can reach me directly at my e-mail ([email protected]) or here.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I have PAYPAL

I have a PAYPAL account, but it looks like the person asking me this question is NOT the same person who is selling the seat...am I missing something here?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was assuming that he would not be able to get the seat to you by the time you were leaving on your trip...so I was interested in the purchase. Sorry if that is not the case. You were the first to reply so I humbly give the right of way to your transaction first and foremost if he can get it to you by your requested time slot.

scobe
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am interested in purchasing...

I haven't heard back from the owner yet on whether or not he is still interested in selling me the seat. I asked a couple of additional questions, like how many miles has he put on the seat, etc. and haven't heard back. I realize I will not get the seat in time for my trip, BUT that won't necessarily keep me from making the purchase.

johnsa: If you could e-mail me directly and let me know what you would like to work out, I would appreciate it. [email protected].

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks like seat is sold..thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its on ebay now with a bid up to 400+. Why put it on here if you're going to put it onto ebay? I thought this forum was a little tighter than that toward the other members.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Flea Bay

Got to agree with you brother! Not right to say $250 on this forum and then bail on us when it runs up over that amount on Flea Bay. He should honor his post and sell it to ya for the amount stated in the post. 2 cents!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have to agree too. But it may not be all bad; I had a Corbin on my 04 FZ6 and was unimpressed, not much more comfortable than the stock, so tight a fit that it made getting access underneath it an adventure, even after several thousand Km. The thing cost me CAD$650 and change, if I had it to do all over again I'd put even USD$250 toward a custom seat.

----------------------------------------
My opinion just gets more valuable, my $0.02CAD now worth $0.0175USD and climbing :crylarf:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I thought this forum was a little tighter than that toward the other members.
Yeah, 2 whole weeks of membership should make the guy your indentured slave, right? And after all you've done for him, too! What a bastich!!! :crylarf:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
geez...

Sorry guys...do we live in China??I thought this was a free market economy...sorry if I PO'ed anyone, but ...

I posted her, inviting people to see the ebay listing...I stated what I was willing to sell the seat for which was also my reserve price....Its not my fault that that the ebay price was above my reserve before someone here jumped on it at $250.

In fact, the reason I posted here in conjuction with the Ebay listing is that I have a 100% rating on e-bay and I am squid bait, here....think about it...what is my best forum to sell in ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Corbin Seat

Considering I was the one who originally expressed interest in the seat, let me just say I am not at all upset at the seller. If I were in his shoes and could get nearly twice the asking amount somewhere else, so be it. I had the option of buying it on E-Bay if I had wanted to...I just didn't want to wait for the auction to end. Once the price rose above the $250 asking price, I knew the auction would run its course. I was not willing to pay full retail, or close to it, for a used seat...sight unseen. I would rather pay the difference and buy direct from Corbin.

So, all of that being said, congratulations on getting much more than you originally asked for in terms of price. Definitely no hard feelings on this end of the deal...life goes on.

Stay safe riding out there...I'm headed out for a 4-day motorcycle rally to Hells Canyon in Eastern Oregon. I'll be putting on about 1600 miles in the next few days. We'll soon find out how well I like the stock seat. I may be looking to go with a custom Russell seat.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Re: Corbin Seat

SmilesinWA said:
Considering I was the one who originally expressed interest in the seat, let me just say I am not at all upset at the seller. If I were in his shoes and could get nearly twice the asking amount somewhere else, so be it. I had the option of buying it on E-Bay if I had wanted to...I just didn't want to wait for the auction to end. Once the price rose above the $250 asking price, I knew the auction would run its course. I was not willing to pay full retail, or close to it, for a used seat...sight unseen. I would rather pay the difference and buy direct from Corbin.

So, all of that being said, congratulations on getting much more than you originally asked for in terms of price. Definitely no hard feelings on this end of the deal...life goes on.

Stay safe riding out there...I'm headed out for a 4-day motorcycle rally to Hells Canyon in Eastern Oregon. I'll be putting on about 1600 miles in the next few days. We'll soon find out how well I like the stock seat. I may be looking to go with a custom Russell seat.
I would consider the Corbin with the Smuggler :D :D :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts