FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
How good is that, why did'nt one of you Techy types on here think of that??!!

Good find Nomad.. Let us know what you think when you've bought one 8)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm REALLY hacked off now :x I did a project at college a few years back on motorcycle security and didn't think of that idea. It's another of those "oh yeah how simple" ideas that you don't even realise until it's put in front of you. Good on em.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Umm like it, bet it wont be cheap though 8)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have one of these on my bike, bought it from my dealer the day I picked up the bike, and put it on a couple of days later. (dealer = http://www.woodfordmotorcycles.com/)

Good is:
1) easy to carry.
2) hard to forget to take it off.
3) easy to fit.
4) as a footpeg it is easy to get on and off, and feels plenty secure when it's locked in place. As a lock, no idea, haven't seen any stress/time to break tests.

Bad is:
1) it doesn't seem to be wearing very well.
The slot where the key goes faces forward when on as a foot peg. It has a little slider to cover the hole, but that seems to come open sometimes, and water and grit get in anyway.
The rubber seems pretty soft, and is looking very scuffed and worn after only a month/1000 miles.

2) It's considerably wider than the standard peg, and maybe a little longer.
This means when moving the bike, I tend to hit the side of my leg on it.
It's a lot harder getting the heel of my boot between it and the center stand to deploy the side stand.

I've actually been thinking of taking it off, as I'm worried that the lock will jamb before to much longer.
I think the idea is very good. The adaptor works well and it fits well.
It would be better if it was narrower, and the keyhole faced rearwards (or outwards) in peg mode, and the rubber surfaces were harder/tougher.

Cost from memory was about £50 including the adaptor.

·
Registered
55 Posts
bounce said:
Odd that the video shows the keyhole facing backward but the animation at the end shows it pointing forward.
I haven't seen the video, as it's blocked by the baby sitter here at work.
had no idea what this was about until malki linked to the 2 websites showing the lock.

The keyhole is on the outside leading edge of the peg, with a little sliding cover. I have often found the cover open when I go to lock the bike up, though I make sure to always close it, peg or lock mode. I've had the bike 1 month, done 1000 miles, and the lock is noticeably stiffer to turn already.

·
Registered
177 Posts
@ ZagZyg - have you tried ACF50, designed to keep the crud and salt off aluminium aircraft...works a treat on bikes and locks and all things metal and electrical. Expensive but lasts for ages. A handy link for those that have not heard of or tried this stuff...you'll never use WD40 again. Might keep your lock in better nick.
http://www.worldwideaviation.co.uk/Motorcycles/Motorcycles User Reports.htm

·
Registered
55 Posts
malki said:
@ ZagZyg - have you tried ACF50
That looks a worthwhile link at any rate, thanks very much for that.

Not sure it will solve the locks problems though, nor can I see that it should be used on locks. Generally putting anything like this on locks is a sure way to wear them out even faster. I certainly wouldn't put WD40 on a lock.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Do the sparks from a $100 footpeg look prettier when you drag it through a turn?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts