FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to mount a powerlet socket around or near the back seat, so cables from our vests wouldn't be dangling all over. Is there any circuit already there that would be suitable, or would I be looking at running a new wire? Any suggestions on mounting technique/location?

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
110 Posts
Run a new wire from the battery to the back. Just make sure it's fused. You don't want to use existing circiuts.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yes, for heated vests, that's the best way. For smaller stuff (comms etc), there is a switched power under the front seat on the right.

Alan

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had the powerlet setup for two winters now with no problems, and it looks like a stock item...real clean and comes ready to install. One way or another, I agree with qmotion...don't tap into existing stuff.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've run a powerlet outlet at the back of my 01. Fits and works great.

They also have a nifty little piece of kit for powering up your tankbag.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, for heated vests, that's the best way. For smaller stuff (comms etc), there is a switched power under the front seat on the right.

Alan
Alan, can you or someone elaborate on this switched power location? I see no wires under the front seat on the right... only on the left.

I'm about to wire my Autocom and was considering slitting the black cable sheath that I can see running to the tail/brake lights and soldering the Autocom power lead to the BLUE wire and running an earth back to the battery. Does this sound ok, or is there a better/easier way to go?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tonight I decided to wire the Autocom as per my post above.

I was able to slip my wired up helmet on and talk to myself but hey, I do that all the time without need of a helmet :roll:

Autocom seems to be working just fine :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts