Fjrowners.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is allowed or in the right place, but a fellow member of another forum is in a competition to have a custom chopper built: Winner will receive their dream chopper, personally designed by Paul Teutul, Sr. and be featured in an upcoming episode alongside Orange County Choppers!. Now I know this type of ride is not like the FJR crowd, but he has a great backstory & reason for doing this(vet, suicide prevention, dogs, etc...). If you feel moved to assist any way, I can post links or PM me for details.

Hope this is ok to post. If not I apologize.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I think it is fine, too! Anything to support/help a vet, I am in support of!!

Reactions: Mr_Ed

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Dtap,

What is the "competition" that you mentioned?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hope this works. Check out his story. Here is the link to the other forum:
https://www.starbikeforums.com/threads/dream-bike-themed-to-bring-more-awareness-to-suicide-prevention.121436/
And here is the direct link to his voting page:
https://dreamchopper.com/2020/bobby-powell-2
I'll thank anyone that wishes to help on his behalf.
Dtap,

Well, Starbike wants a log-in, so I didn't get to see anything there. Dreamchopper wants a FaceBook log-in to vote, and I won't do FB.

That said, I would still like to support Bobby's dream, so if there is some reasonable way to do that, I'm in. LMK.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR A Model
7,900 Posts
Dtap,

Well, Starbike wants a log-in, so I didn't get to see anything there. Dreamchopper wants a FaceBook log-in to vote, and I won't do FB.

That said, I would still like to support Bobby's dream, so if there is some reasonable way to do that, I'm in. LMK.
Ditto, same here.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, thought they may have happened. Here is the shortened version of his story:

I joined the forum after my 2017 swim from the Pentagon to the USS Wisconsin in Norfolk, VA. It took me 15 days to cover the 224 miles down the Potomac River, Chesapeake Bay and up the Elizabeth River. I did this swim to bring more awareness to Veteran and Active Duty suicide prevention. From 2013 to 2016 I lost four veteran brothers I rode with to this evilness.

Since that swim, I have given many talks to various groups about the reason for the swim. I have mentioned the titanium rod holding my left arm together before here, which slowed me down some, but despite being an overweight, out of shape, middle-aged disabled vet myself, I continue to fight the demons of others when I can.

Saving lives when I was an Active Duty Rescue Swimmer allowed me to do so in a very direct and physical way. These days, I endeavor to save folks from themselves when I can.

I entered the "Dream Bike" build by Orange County Chopper in hopes of winning a bike that is themed to carry on this mission of saving lives. I will use it when I go to public speaking engagements and anywhere else the need is manifest.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can utilize the DreamChopper link to get to his voting page where you can vote daily with a FB account or you can make a donation to the Hudson Valley SPCA, which turns into votes for him.

Thanks everyone for your interest!

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Note that most OCC builds (at least the one-offs we see on TV) come with a disclaimed about their suitability for actually riding them. Right?

Hope you're getting a rider.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts