FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am driving from Colfax to Spokane WA this Friday. Options seems to be hwy 27 which is shorter and marked as a decent road on my Butlermap.
Would anyone recommend ID hwy 95 or hwy 6 and 3 instead? Looking for the best MC roads!

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Well it depends if you need to be in Spokane at any Particular time. I would take 272 out of Colfax to Palouse which turns into 6 at the Idaho border, continuing on 6. You can continue on 6 to 3 taking 3 north into St Maries. I would continue on 3 past St Maries, continue until you reach 97 and take that. 97 is the scenic drive around Lake Coeur D Alene. If you have not done that it is a great drive. 97 will take you to I-90 which brings you back to Coeur D Alene and on to Spokane. There was some construction on 3 just after St Marie but may be complete. If that's the case and you can't continue on 3 you can take 5 back to 95. 95 is ok but nothing special, same with 27 nothing special and turns into residential as you get close to Spokane. If you have the time take the route suggested. Our vintage group will be riding 97 to Harrison on Saturday. How long will you be in the area.
If you don't want to take the 97 scenic route( not sure why you would not want to but) around Lake Coeur D Alene you can continue on 3 which is also a great ride and it will dump you on I-90 also

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it depends if you need to be in Spokane at any Particular time. I would take 272 out of Colfax to Palouse which turns into 6 at the Idaho border, continuing on 6. You can continue on 6 to 3 taking 3 north into St Maries. I would continue on 3 past St Maries, continue until you reach 97 and take that. 97 is the scenic drive around Lake Coeur D Alene. If you have not done that it is a great drive. 97 will take you to I-90 which brings you back to Coeur D Alene and on to Spokane. There was some construction on 3 just after St Marie but may be complete. If that's the case and you can't continue on 3 you can take 5 back to 95. 95 is ok but nothing special, same with 27 nothing special and turns into residential as you get close to Spokane. If you have the time take the route suggested. Our vintage group will be riding 97 to Harrison on Saturday. How long will you be in the area.
If you don't want to take the 97 scenic route( not sure why you would not want to but) around Lake Coeur D Alene you can continue on 3 which is also a great ride and it will dump you on I-90 also
Thanks - exactly what I was looking for. I would love to do the 97, but can see that 3 is still closed. It looks like one can bypass the closed section though...so I think that's what I'll do. I'm on a quick weekend getaway from Seattle. Will spend Thursday night in Walla Walla, Friday night in Spokane, Saturday night in Omak, and then back home. About 5h of saddle time per day, as the wife can't do much more these days...

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Yes if you can bypass 3 and get on 97 your wife will like the views. Stop in Harrison for ice cream. I don't see a bypass around the construction but I cant imagine they don't have something set up. My be some gravel/dirt around the bypass. If you cant get through for some reason taking 5 back to 95 is twisty with logging trucks and traffic depending the time of day but otherwise a nice ride just take it easy.

I assume you are taking hwy 2, 174 and 155 over to Omak

·
Premium Member
2008 FJR/AE
179 Posts
If you are Walla Walla to Spokane... is there a reason you want to go to Colfax? I've got a bunch of suggestions for you. My back yard and I can get you down some lesser known awesome roads with lots of Palouse views.

Where in Spokane do you want to end up? Spokane, South or North, or Spokane Valley?

Regarding Omak... I would skip 174 and take 21 out of Wilbur to the Keller Ferry (free ferry). Great park there with a gazebo for lunch if interested. You can take either Manilla Creek Road to Peter Dan road and over to 155 just north of Elmer City... or, if you have the time, a little further north on 21 is Cache Creek Road and that will take you over to 155 as well and dump you out about Nespelem.

Reactions: mortenk

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes if you can bypass 3 and get on 97 your wife will like the views. Stop in Harrison for ice cream. I don't see a bypass around the construction but I cant imagine they don't have something set up. My be some gravel/dirt around the bypass. If you cant get through for some reason taking 5 back to 95 is twisty with logging trucks and traffic depending the time of day but otherwise a nice ride just take it easy.

I assume you are taking hwy 2, 174 and 155 over to Omak
Took 2, 25, 2, 21, 155 to Omak (had to visit Seven Bays). Beautiful roads. Ended up taking the quick route from Walla Walla to Spokane as wife wanted more time at the destination.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts