FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Fjr 2003 1300 frist gen
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so now i got every thing done on my FJR the next morning i went to go to the store and i start the bike and pull in cluch engage 1st gear dies with the cluch still pulled in. i bleed the cluch change fluid. still every time i put the bike from N to 1st or 2ed dies

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
334 Posts
Check that you can spin the rear wheel when in gear and clutch pulled. If so, your clutch is fine and you need to focus on the side stand switch

·
Registered
Fjr 2003 1300 frist gen
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have the side stand up when you drop it in gear? it has to be up or it dies when you put it in gear. if it's up and does it then check the switch.
yes side standis up.ive taken both switches apart one on handle bar one under by kick stand. still same thing

·
Registered
Fjr 2003 1300 frist gen
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check that you can spin the rear wheel when in gear and clutch pulled. If so, your clutch is fine and you need to focus on the side stand switch
i tested stand with a meter its at a 4.5ish and the back tire moves when i pull the handle it stops when i let go of cluch.

·
Registered
Fjr 2003 1300 frist gen
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i tested stand with a meter its at a 4.5ish and the back tire moves when i pull the handle it stops when i let go of cluch.
i had to replug the ecu could that be somthing to recheck?

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,457 Posts
Sounds a bit strange you'd have to replug the ECU, however, could be confused.... Sounds more like a sidestand switch issue, is sidestand returning fully to the up position? Not sure what you mean by 4.5-ish........
BTW, what year, mileage??
Have you gone into diagnostics for any error codes? Can check sidestand operation there as well.

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
334 Posts
Yes - check the side stand switch by measuring the resistance when up vs. down. You should see a big difference...

·
Registered
539 Posts
This is the bike with the mouse chewed wires and re wired ecu - correct?

Reactions: passx

·
Registered
Fjr 2003 1300 frist gen
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds a bit strange you'd have to replug the ECU, however, could be confused.... Sounds more like a sidestand switch issue, is sidestand returning fully to the up position? Not sure what you mean by 4.5-ish........
BTW, what year, mileage??
Have you gone into diagnostics for any error codes? Can check sidestand operation there as well.
First gen 2003 abs I think fjr 1300

1 - 13 of 13 Posts