FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wanted to make a slight modification to my recent thread, however, I'm not seeing an "Edit" option anywhere. Am I missing something obvious or has that feature been removed? Sorry, for the life of me I just can't find it.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,576 Posts
I wanted to make a slight modification to my recent thread, however, I'm not seeing an "Edit" option anywhere. Am I missing something obvious or has that feature been removed? Sorry, for the life of me I just can't find it.
It's not you. Sometimes the edit feature is not available to new members. Here's what you do:

add a post to your thread, quote the post you want to change. Make the changes in the quote using bold text. Add the reply (you can't post just a quote) just put something like "edited post". A moderator will stumble along tomorrow, he/she/it will edit your original post and delete your corrected one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Admin, I'd like to post 2 FJR bags FOR SALE. Question: how is the payment arranged? Private Venmo, PayPal? I have not seen it mentioned anywhere aside from, "send me a private message". Thanks.

Reactions: YodiYami

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,576 Posts
Hello Admin, I'd like to post 2 FJR bags FOR SALE. Question: how is the payment arranged? Private Venmo, PayPal? I have not seen it mentioned anywhere aside from, "send me a private message". Thanks.
Payment, I think, is entirely up to the seller.

I use PayPal "Friends and Family" so PayPal doesn't take any from the seller's acct. I like PayPal- I've never had a problem sending or receiving money and it's nearly instantaneous to do so- but I can understand others' hesitation to use it so over the yrs I've waited for checks or money orders and in one case a fairly local guy asked me to hold onto it until he could come over and get it in about two weeks. Never a problem.

I have never been cheated by anyone on this or any other motorcycle forum I've sold things on. Not once, ever. In fact, twice I've sent things out on a "try then buy" honesty system- a Corbin seat and exhaust mufflers- and both times the trier became the buyer and paid me as agreed. I would not hesitate to do the same thing again if someone wanted to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

I'm wondering if someone can help me. I've tried to post a FJR passenger backrest / seat FS twice now. But for some reason the post never makes it to the site. I've looked through the sticky post of rules for posting and it pretty straight forward. I'm not sure why my post is being rejected. Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks
J

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,576 Posts
Hi

I'm wondering if someone can help me. I've tried to post a FJR passenger backrest / seat FS twice now. But for some reason the post never makes it to the site. I've looked through the sticky post of rules for posting and it pretty straight forward. I'm not sure why my post is being rejected. Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks
J
Because you have only one post, your thread gets moderated and has to be approved by admin or a moderator. I'll take care of it.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,576 Posts
Where can I post stuff for sale in Canada ? Do I use the USA section ?

Thanks
Herb
Yeah, it doesn't say it but we kinda group North America in that section. Our northern friends are so quiet and polite (most of the time ;)) that we often forget they're there, like the quiet kid in class. Our bad!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
In your posts (not visible in others Posts) you have an “edit” button andonce youhit the “edit” button you’ll then see 4 buttons at the bottom including the “save” button with the “delete” button second from the right. Once you press the delete button adrop down will appearrequiring a reason for deleting the post. Once you give a reason then you can delete your post. Hope this helps....

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,576 Posts
In your posts (not visible in others Posts) you have an "edit" button andonce youhit the "edit" button you'll then see 4 buttons at the bottom including the "save" button with the "delete" button second from the right. Once you press the delete button adrop down will appearrequiring a reason for deleting the post. Once you give a reason then you can delete your post. Hope this helps....
Back in post #11 we said,

I suggest this:

rather than delete your for sale advert, simply end the thread with a "SOLD!" or "Withdrawn from sale" or something similar post. One of the moderators can then modify the thread title to reflect that.

Please do NOT just edit the first post. An edit does not show up as a new post so the moderators will never see it. It needs to be a regular post.

This way new folks searching for ideas or farkles can still see the pics & descriptions but still be aware that those particular ones are sold. What's everyone think?
I've noticed over time also that a single post for multiple items makes it difficult to keep up with. I know it's a bit more of a pain but 1 thread/1 item seems to work better.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,576 Posts
Hi Admin, thanks for your work on this very helpful forum. Is there a way to bump my adapter a couple of weeks being posted? Thanks in advance!
It would have been a lot easier if you had posted a link to the thread but....

Simply add a post with the word BUMP. That's all, just BUMP. Your thread will be moved to the top.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha FJR1300ES
40 Posts
With the recent issues regarding fraudulent ads and concerns about whether new members are legitimate when selling a product or not, perhaps the rules for items for sale should be amended to require that at least one picture be included and that the poster's member-name has to be included in the picture. This would eliminate stock photos and provide proof that the person actually has the item they're offering up for sale.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts