FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Classified Listings:

You may post for sale pretty much anything that you want to sell. Do remember that most non FJR stuff wont get that much interest! What sells best are bikes and FJR accessories.

Rules:
1. Keep it simple
2. Tell the truth
3. DO NOT POST YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS - use the PM system and tell others to.
4. DO NOT POST TELEPHONE NUMBERS - use the PM system to send them.
5. DO NOT SPAM OTHER PEOPLES ADDS WITH DUMB QUESTIONS!

- If the Mods are notified of this SPAM it will be deleted without recourse.

- DO NOT DELETE YOUR POSTS!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
PM = Private Message

Click on the person's screen name and a dropdown menu will show. Select the send private message option.

·
Registered
153 Posts
What's your point? I just want to delete an add I posted last month. Is the secret delete button somewhere in that menu?

Reactions: its just rain

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,509 Posts
I suggest this:

rather than delete your for sale advert, simply end the thread with a "SOLD!" or "Withdrawn from sale" or something similar post. One of the moderators can then modify the thread title to reflect that.

Please do NOT just edit the first post. An edit does not show up as a new post so the moderators will never see it. It needs to be a regular post.

This way new folks searching for ideas or farkles can still see the pics & descriptions but still be aware that those particular ones are sold. What's everyone think?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice to be able to look through sold posts to get an idea of "market value" of partz n farkles.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
8,706 Posts
Agree, Russ, mark as "Sold" and retain the history.

·
Registered
46 Posts
OK, apparently I need training wheels...I had an item listed for sale and I need to edit my post to mark it as sold. I've done this before...I even edited this post once when I lowered the price. There should be four buttons on the lower right side of the post...Edit, Quote, Multi-Quote, and Quick Reply. There is no "Edit" button...what am I missing? (I just edited THIS post...so I know I'm not completely nuts)

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,509 Posts
OK, apparently I need training wheels...I had an item listed for sale and I need to edit my post to mark it as sold. I've done this before...I even edited this post once when I lowered the price. There should be four buttons on the lower right side of the post...Edit, Quote, Multi-Quote, and Quick Reply. There is no "Edit" button...what am I missing? (I just edited THIS post...so I know I'm not completely nuts)
The for sale section is a little goofy sometimes when it comes to editing. If you can't edit just add another post indicating SOLD and a moderator will pick up on that too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How may I change the title to my post, I have this 'For sale 2010 $6000 25k miles' and would like to add 'For sale FJR 1300 2010 $6000 25k miles

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
8,706 Posts
No worries Steve, I'm sure we all get it..... it's and FJR. Your ad is fine.

Reactions: rbentnail

·
Registered
173 Posts
hi,

quick question for you since i didnt see a post addressing it....

are we allowed to post for sale ads here for bikes other than yamaha and/or FJRs? i have a suzuki DL1000 i am trying to sell....

thanks again,
jim / funflyingguy

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,509 Posts
hi,

quick question for you since i didnt see a post addressing it....

are we allowed to post for sale ads here for bikes other than yamaha and/or FJRs? i have a suzuki DL1000 i am trying to sell....

thanks again,
jim / funflyingguy
Simple rule of thumb:

post whatever you want. If a moderator thinks it needs to be moved or deleted then it will be.

·
Registered
173 Posts
thanks russ......

jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
I posted some lightly used Garauld foot peg brackets with Rivco pegs from my 2013 FJR (I think this was on Sunday), and I still haven't gotten "moderator approval". After I made the post, complete with photos, I got an on-screen confirmation that it needs to be approved before going live. Is it typical for it to take this long for a simple approval?

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,509 Posts
I posted some lightly used Garauld foot peg brackets with Rivco pegs from my 2013 FJR (I think this was on Sunday), and I still haven't gotten "moderator approval". After I made the post, complete with photos, I got an on-screen confirmation that it needs to be approved before going live. Is it typical for it to take this long for a simple approval?
Thanks for bringing this up. I depend on "new posts" to quickly see new posts but sometimes a thread slips through.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts