FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's been the nicest weather ever for Christmas Eve, so off I went for a little bimble. Strange, I thought. Roads are lovely and dry, so why do things feel so, er, not right.

Bummer. Big nail in my tyre, but at least I got home.

Can't get a new tyre till Wednesday either because all the lazy oiks down the bike shop think it's important to take a few days off.

Anyway. Have a lovely Christmas all.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Oh shame Liz - But at least you got back OK.

Enjoy Christmas.

Alan

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
The bikes a nail you say!

Oh in the tyre whoops :lol:

Only joking Liz :wink: Happy Christmas & New Year.

Neal & sue.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Christmas eh!

Ah good forcast Boxing day. Just gota get out'a this apartment , down into me garage. Away from Kids. What with my teenagers, her grown up kids. Her brothers kids . Season of good will gone out window. Still , that's what tiz all about , in it.
Going for blast on FJR , a dip in the sea at local naturist beech in morn, should sort me out.
More beer please!!!!! Anything to eat anyone?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Makes you wish that new tyres were on the XMas list :lol:

Merry X-Mas and a Happy New Year

·
Registered
117 Posts
Liz said:
Bummer. Big nail in my tyre, but at least I got home.
It's undoubtedly karma payback for having starting that "What tire?" thread last month....

:p

Front, or rear tire? If it's the rear, and it's a fairly clean nail-punch toward the center of the tread, I'd patch it unless the tire is near the end of it's service life anyway....

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
And with you going on about the lovely mild weather, what do they forecast for tomorrow?
6" of snow! :roll:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree with Warchild the day after she posted the what tyre thread I got a nail in my tyre . mind I had a hell of a job finding her garage and I dropped that nail about 5 times before I got there

:roll:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Warchild said:
It's undoubtedly karma payback for having starting that "What tire?" thread last month....

:p

Front, or rear tire? If it's the rear, and it's a fairly clean nail-punch toward the center of the tread, I'd patch it unless the tire is near the end of it's service life anyway....
You're right. Warchild. Me and my big mouth! :lol:

I suppose the good news is that the tyre was nearing the end of its life, so although it's a clean punch in the centre of the tread, not worth patching, though I might have thought otherwise if it had been new.

I suppose since this is my first puncture in 26 years of motorcycling :shock: I can't complain. Not like some around here. Heck, I nearly called the thread 'The Marshman effect'. :cry:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
And Liz spake saying "Isn't it warm for the time of year?"

So verily it did forthwith snow for three days and nights. And lo, the trains remained stationary, and throughout the land people resided in their dwellings unless their journeys were truly necessary.

That's what I call the Preston effect :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts