FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from Qld heading down there? i'm heading down from rocky and wouldn't mind some company, never been to canberra b4 either! meet up at the border or somthing ...........
have a relative there so i might be able to arrange accom. for a couple of ppl too

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ok, I did a search and found out about the ride. Similiar to the rides of 1996 and 2001 that helped raise the awareness of the General Public toward the motorcycling community. Very positive stuff, but one hell of away to come Thommo just for a parade that only lasts a couple of hours at best?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's been organised by Bikers australia and its about raising more awareness of bikes on the road etc etc i beleive there is more info on their website www.bikersaustralia.com.au . they also run the Brass Monkey Rally near Lithgow

the info i have at the moment is that the ride starts Federal Highway (whereever that is!!) and ride to the Federation Mall (whereever that is lol)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its only 1600km one way!! I've been known to do stranger things

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
I thought you meant the Canberra Awareness ride was to get us aware of Canberra!

Thommo, keep your eyes open for our State of Origin ride - there is a thread started that will get reactivated soon.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
david1300 said:
I thought you meant the Canberra Awareness ride was to get us aware of Canberra
aware of canberra or beware of canberra? there are some of ppl up this way who wouldnt be caught dead going there.... somthing to do with politiicans and guns an open season.............. LOL

·
Registered
307 Posts
You guys stop whinging and bitching about politicians and just keep working and paying your taxes and contributing to Howard and Costello's record Budget surplus. Just like all us other industrious Australians.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts