FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
If the Ontario riders would like to come across Canada first, we could show you the ride of your life down to Reno. a good contingent is starting to form from Alberta and BC. As stated on the fjrforum it would be great to get all the Canuckleheads going to Reno to meet outside of Reno somewhere and arrive as the largest 'foreign' squadron, emphasizing the international aspect of this event. This would take some organization and coordination but it would be fun.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rocdoc: Don't take this wrong but I've ridden across our country numerous times(6), & It's the ultimate in boring, I think meeting outside Reno, is a way better plan for those of us in the east...sorry if I have offended you.... :oops:

·
Registered
372 Posts
MikeH, no offense taken, I have ridden it four times myself, and you are right, each time a different way, but no way to miss the prairies or the mid west unless you go south to Florida and then west to Texas etc etc..
My favourite route I crossed at the Soo, and to Duluth then to hwy #2 to Montana, then the fun begins again.
Whatever your route it is a long ride. We'll touch base before we all leave and maybe set up a rendezvous somewhere.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wo5

Rocketdoc; We should definitley plan a hook-up for Reno.....My kid brother inlaws company just bought a trucking company with warehouse.... ideally.... can't confirm for at 2-3 months..... I'd love to ship the bike there then spend 2-3 weeks riding home...but we'll see.... As to our Quebec brethern......from my house via mapquest it's approx 2500 miles & 33-34 hours they say so 3-4 days riding max @anywhere from 650-800 mile per day :shock: But if an old guy like me can do it with a pair of rebuilt rotater cuffs (read shoulders) ai think anyone could... :wink: just my opinion mind you.. :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All fellow Canadians

I am from Southern Ontario as well but my plans aren't going to take me to WFO5 . Not enough holidays for all my rides I have planned this year. Want to shoot for CFO and EOM this year. That will be tough enough being that they look like they are going back to back.

@Mike H

I am about 4 hours west and a little north of T.O.
2 hours north of Sarnia

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Huron 52 I sorry, this old fart is getting slow I'm now up to speed as to what CFO & EOM are; looks like the older I get the slower I read & the less I retain :oops:

·
Registered
10 Posts
The CFO is somewhere near last years (Wisconsin) Sparta I think and I think it is September 16th,17th weekend.
I just posted on the other site (fjrforum.com), to try to pin them down.

Hope this helps.

Didn't I meet you at the CFO last year, Bounce? :wink:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Huron52... bounce & gr8eyes are quite the comedians :lol: ,do you think we should invite them to the 1st canadian fjr meet in the NWT Feb/07 :?: Oh ya have you thought about sportbike :?: ...are you even interested in going :?:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts