FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Cortech Sport Saddlebags and Tailbag for my Hayabusa, but never put them on the bike. It is obvious that I don't need the saddlebags with the FJR, but can I use the tail bag? Having never owned an FJR, I don't know if the tail bag is too wide for the back seat for when I don't have a passenger. Could it possibly even be used on the luggage rack? I am about to list the bags and a couple of other items on Ebay if I won't have use for them on the FJR.

too_many_hobbies

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
I've used one like that on the pillion seat, until a buddy decided to give it a long term evaluation for me. ([email protected]##%@^d)

Nice to have when you need a little more space, without resorting to the AWACS-looking tail trunk.

:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
now running a tail pack similar...

thinking of going AWACS....

will the microwaves from the AWACS affect my sterility ?

if the answer is yes...

then woooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo

no vasectomy :mrgreen:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll keep tail bag...

Thanks for the replies,

I will keep the tail bag for the FJR and sell the saddlebags then. I was actually giving my kids something to do while they are on Spring Break by having them list the extras on Ebay left over from my former Hayabusa.

too_many_hobbies

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Methinks you're nuts to give up the saddlebags... for resale value alone.

Besides, saddlebags calm the itch LEOs have to write tickets to guys on fast-looking scoots.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No use for saddlebags on FJR...

Liquidsilver,

I don't have anything to use the saddlebags with since the '06 FJR will be my only bike and I will not use the Cortech Sport saddlebags with it. Might as well give someone else a bargain in some like new saddlebags instead of storing them in the closet.

too_many_hobbies

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
He's not selling the FJR bags liquid!

I have that little tail pack for my FJR and really like it. Very nice way to add a bit of convenient space. About $500 less than a smuggler but not as pretty.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
OOOOoooohhhh! Selling the Cortech saddlebags. DUHHHHH! Gotta stop eating my crayons. :shock:

·
Registered
192 Posts
can I use this bag

I've found you can usually do whatever you want, so what the hey go for it. May look a little funky. I have found if you wrap it in some strong plastic and use 3 or 4 bugee cords a lot of money can be saved. that also looks a little funky but it's a cheaper funky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts